Principal Consultant // Technical Architect // Technical Lead // Head of Technology // City of London // leading digital collective // salary negotiable but circa. £80, 000
We are delighted to be working with one of our key partners, a leading Software, Digital and IT Engineering collective, to find the brightest Digital leaders to join their thriving team.
We're looking for the people that can lead the team from the front, solving problems with whatever tools do the job, mentoring other developers, evangelizing best practice; people who'll roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the kind of projects where others fear to tread.
The company is 100% committed to upskilling, training and development with a dedicated fund in place for every member of staff to train and develop themselves.
For instance, you will regularly be working with the latest DevOps tooling such as Terraform & Prometheus and deploying to popular cloud platforms including AWS, Azure & Google Compute. But they don't expect you to have such a broad range out pf the gate and are committed to investing in growing your and your team's skills.
Essential experience and capabilities:
- Exceptional technical background
- Communication is key, and the successful candidate will have exceptional skills and experience in:
- Liaising with external senior stakeholders at all stages of the delivery lifecycle
- Managing, leading and inspiring a technical team of hands-on professionals
- Must understand and where appropriate evangelise modern development practices, including CI/CD, DevOps, Cross-functional Teams.
- Driving delivery in an Agile environment
- Experience delivering an Agile transformation project successfully either on client-site or internally would be a huge benefit
They are tech-agnostic, but being a bit of an expert in any of the following would certainly help!
· Java 8; Spring Boot; PHP7; RabbitMQ; Rancher; AWS; Redis; Mysql; Docker
· C# ;Strong SQL skills (on an enterprise level database, preferably TSQL and/or PL-SQL); Exposure to integration technologies such as ESB, Messaging and ETL (e.g. BizTalk); AWS
· Experience with other development languages such as Scala, Go, C++, C#, Python, Ruby, Node.js, scripting language such as Bash and PHP would also be beneficial.
Across the board:
· Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle, Cassandra & MongoDB.
· Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform or similar
· Nice to have: Log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus or similar
DevOps / Platform Engineer
· In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g. Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
In return they are offering a real chance to take ownership and shape something special.
The package is dependent on experience and very individualistic, however a good indicative range would be circa £130, 000 - £150, 000. There is a generous benefits package with long-term shares options. On top of this is something rare at this level; a real tangible chance for further progression and personal growth within the business.
For an off-the-record discussion to understand the finer details and whether this could be the next step in your career, please contact Cara at Digital Gurus today.