If you have a drive to succeed, set out the strategy and want to work in a technology rich and agile environment, then join our team at Direct Line Group. Insurance experience is not essential, what is essential is that you as an individual are a self-starter who has championed core technologies and used these to drive business benefits and outcomes.
Our strategy calls for a range of knowledge whether you've worked in small or large companies, agile or cross-functional, from supply partners or business teams - to deliver all aspects of the project lifecycle.
If you've adopted and championed new ways of working and have a deep desire to succeed and are self-motivated with urgency to get things done, you're certain to become part of our business-critical expertise within an energetic team in one of our Bromley based functions.
Head of Development Operations (DevOps)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Head of DevOps to join Direct Line Group, a market leading insurer based in Bromley. We are just 15 mins to Central London.
Application Development & Maintenance (AD&M) is part of the wider Technology Services (TS) team, responsible for all infrastructure across the DLG business. The Application Development and Maintenance team is the engineering heart of Technology Services at Direct Line Group.
We build and run reliable technology solutions using a range of approaches from bespoke build through commercial packaged software to hybrid models using SAAS. We are transforming Technology Services by moving to agile ways of working, cloud native approaches to delivery and building a world-class engineering team.
You will be instrumental in that transformation, bringing DevOps, Cloud and platform engineering expertise, with a passion for engineering excellence and continuous service improvement
Some key focuses will be;
- Define and implement the cloud and technology shared service strategies and roadmaps
- Drive adoption of DevOps, SRE and cloud best practices
- Leading organisation change and process redesign to enable reliable and agile technology
- IT Controls automation (aka compliance as code)
- Using your interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills to bridge between the silos and bring different teams together to work towards a common goal
- 5 years Development Operations experience at a manager or team lead level
- Experience of delivering from an on-premises to cloud based serverless and container environment
- Communication, Stakeholder and interpersonal skills
- Testing & Infrastructure automation
- Understanding of the tools and technology landscape related to automation, code control, deployment, orchestration
- Strong collaboration and ability to work in a complex technology and culturally diverse organisation
This position may be suited for someone who has worked as a Senior DevOps Engineer with some team lead experience or who has run a Platform Engineering Team.
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way.
Join us and help us transform the industry we lead.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'