Head of Department - Science (Hockley, Essex)
- Head of Department - Science
- September 2018 start
- Hockley, Essex
- Permanent Post
- `Good` Ofsted Rated School
As a result of a recent internal promotion to our Senior Leadership Team, we are now seeking to appoint a highly ambitious middle leader as Head of Science. This is an exciting and highly sought after opportunity to lead an established department which consists of 10 teaching staff as well as 2 Lead Practitioners and a team of 5 Technicians.
This role will suit an experienced Teacher of Science with a strong academic track record, experience of effective management, the ability to lead and be capable of building good working relationships with staff, students and parents.
In addition, applicants will need to demonstrate an effective and inspiring teaching style and determination to influence positive changes, as well as contribute to the further development of improving and narrowing the gaps of literacy and numeracy school wide.
The successful applicant would have responsibility for the strategic direction and development of the faculty, including:
- Teaching and Learning; Designing and developing an exciting, imaginative and effective curriculum for all Key Stages
- Leading and managing staff;
- Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
In return, the successful candidate can expect:
- A well-resourced department which has undergone a £550,000 refurbishment
- Laboratories equipped with the latest technologies including interactive whiteboards, teaching wall and teacher’s demonstration area
- Comprehensive tailored induction programme
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Opportunity for further progression
- An extensive support programme
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment and undergo an enhanced DBS check as part of our Safer Recruitment & Selection Procedures.
- Must have UK QTS (Or recognised teaching qualification)
- Degree Level Qualification
- Able to teach Science to Key Stage 5
- Good Behaviour Management Skills
- Experience in UK Classroom
- UK DBS (within last 3 Years)
If you would be interested to find out more about this role or the school and if you meet the criteria above then please do not hesitate to apply for this role with Mark Kemsley at Dunbar Education.
- Qualified Teacher