Head of Data Engineering
Location: London (Hybrid work from home) - UK based candidates only.
Salary: £150,000 - £180,000
The Client offer future-proof quant technologies to global investors. Cloud-hosted and Python-based, the platform integrates a next-gen backtest engine and analytics with curated datasets covering equities, rates, FX, commodities and volatility. The client eliminates the expensive upfront costs of infrastructure build-out, giving clients an edge in alpha generation from day one.
The platform was originally built over seven years ago to manage systematic investments, which remains a core part of the business today. After the spinoff into an independent company in early 2019, the team has grown substantially and established the platform as the leading provider of quant technologies.
They are an international team, with over 20 nationalities represented and every employee is valued for their contribution. Every day their teams solve complex problems with innovative and practical solutions and demonstrate consistently high performance.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build, lead, develop and empower a very talented team of 9 data engineers
- Architect and implement solutions for cloud based data platform
- Infrastructure management around data being collected
- Take ownership of data development projects through designing, implementation and testing phases
- Monitor current and future technology trends and make recommendations that drive improvements
Skills & Qualifications
- Required experience: 5+ years or equivalent in a similar role
- Previous experience of leading and developing a Data Engineering team, instilling a culture of high performance in the team
- Thrives in an unstructured fast growth environment
- AWS cloud services (serverless)
- Big data storage and query
- Data Lake
This is an excellent opportunity in a rapidly growing fintech start up, if this is of interest please apply or reach out to Steven from Jefferson Frank.
- Head of Data Engineering
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'