Head of Engineering
Hands on Lead Engineering + Building Engineering Team
Up to £110,000 - London
A new Head of Engineering role just in with an exciting technology provider within the gaming industry. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the data processing efforts for the entire company, and also for building out a highly talented engineering department. They are currently operating with a Data Warehouse solution, and are looking to make the jump to Big Data technology.
This company are a leading technology provider within the gaming industry. They are innovative, young and heavily expanding and are looking to bring their data department to the next level. As a company, they build technology to aid companies accept BitCoin as a currency and have recently experience massive growth in terms of data.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing Data Warehouse and Data Lake solutions to scale data for the entire company.
- Create road-maps and strategy for the direction of the data engineering department.
- Implementing new Big Data technology such as Spark, Hadoop, AWS.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Science team to provide highly scalable, highly performant data solutions for Machine Learning projects.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
As the Head of Engineering, you will:
- Come from a strong data or software engineering background, ideally with experience leading from a technical perspective.
- Have in-depth knowledge of data warehousing and data lake technologies, such as (but not limited to) AWS, redshift, PostgreSQL, Spark, S3 and more.
- Be strong in programming, preferably using Python.
- Have a desire to lead a team, and be comfortable in building and designing the direction of an entire data department.
- The chance to lead the technical direction of a company's entire data infrastructure.
- An excellent opportunity to take the step up to a technical leadership/head of role, and to shape and build an engineering department.
- A salary of up to £90,000 (plus bonus/bens) depending on experience.
For more information on the role, please get in touch with Josh Carter from Harnham, and apply via the link below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job