Head of Data Architecture is being sought to join Electrocomponent's exciting Innovation department. As Head of Data Architecture you will be building tools and platforms to support ambitious internal projects involving IoT, Blockchain and real-time data streams. You will be a Senior Data Architect with extensive experience of Cloud technologies like AWS, Google BigQuery, MS Azure, Bluemix experienced in transforming traditional Data Warehousing approaches to Big Data based approaches. As Head of Data Architecture you will be responsible for the strategic technical vision and execution of data tools, data engineering and data infrastructure. You will be constantly pushing the boundaries, designing and building a cutting edge data ecosystem. You will play a critical role, helping get the right 'data design' from the onset for all initiatives across a Global business. As Head of Data Architecture you will also lead the charge in designing and developing innovative data products to monetise.
This is a unique and rare opportunity, to really shape how key data is utilised within a Global business. Whilst this role is largely strategic and business led, it is essential that you have a strong technical skill set to draw on to oversee the alignment of data architecture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic role in designing and building a scalable information asset
- Drive the charge in designing a scalable, flexibility modern data eco system and a range of tools for the us as a business to fully exploit
- Providing the blueprint design for the Data Engineering team to build solutions, products
- Embedding data architecture principles within the culture
- Supporting PoCs in design to implementation
- The ability to kickstart data PoCs
- Support the key business initiatives and influencing decisions on great 'data by design'
- Own the decision around the data tools we invest in (with business collaboration)
- Manage and lead a team of subject matter data architects
- Establish great working relationships and communication channels with relevant departments
- Explore & experiment with new technologies and data solutions
- Building tools and platforms to support our ambitious internal projects involving IoT and real-time data streams.
- Responsible for the strategic technical vision and execution of data tools, engineering and infrastructure. Constantly pushing the boundaries in designing a cutting edge data ecosystem
- Focussed on constant, incremental value delivery
- Driving technical and productivity excellence across your teams
- Building and managing teams of engineers across multiple systems
- Motivate and support team members to perform at their best
- Facilitate and manage the professional development and learning opportunities for your team members
- Data modelling experience eg star schema, 3NF
- Customer and / or Product MDM experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and at least 2 other databases
- Passionate about data
- Knowledge of Big Data solutions including Hadoop, Spark and open source technologies
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: any programming language such as Python or R, Machine Learning, Apache Hadoop, Spark, Beehive, Hue, SquirreAlways
- Ability to establish credibility and develop effective business relationships with colleagues
- Willingness to learn
- Strong SQL and noSQL skills, data management knowledge Pragmatic thinker
- Fun to work with
- Articulate and strong presentation and storytelling skills
- Exposure to API, JSON, XML data connections
- Computer literacy in Python and Java
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Exposure to the Cloudera, Horton Works, MapR stack
- Exposure to Graph database solutions
- Cloud certified (eg AWS)a
Electrocomponents trading through its brands RS Components and Allied electronics is the world's leading high service level distributor of industrial products to engineers. It is a global business operating in 27 countries with over 1m customers. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange FTSE 250 and in the last financial year had revenues of £2bn.
Following a change of several key members of the executive leadership team in 2015, including the appointment of Alexander von Schirmeister, Chief Innovation Officer who joined from eBay, the business has been reinvigorated and there is a renewed appetite for growth and innovation.
The new leadership team has developed an ambitious strategic vision that centres on driving a best-in-class customer and supplier experience, enhancing the organisation's digital capabilities and focusing online user experience to increase the pace of change and provide a profitable base for future growth. Electrocomponents recently celebrated achieving £1 billion of annual digital revenues.
Technical Team Video: https://youtu.be/e4XiZXIhW_A
How to Apply
To apply please upload your CV and follow the instructions online. If you experience any difficulties or require further details, please contact Recruitment Team on +44 (0)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job