Head of Customer Service
Up to £65,000 - Negotiable
London - North - Home Counties
This is a key leadership role for my client, responsible for delivering great service to our growing base of over 300,000 customers. This involves leading and motivating a team of c. 80 people (with 10 direct reports) and responding to more than 500,000 online and offline contacts per annum.
- Through continuous communication ensure all Customer Service staff understand the business purpose and business objectives and their key role in achieving them
- Be an ambassador for the company values within the customer service team ensuring that they are understood and implemented in day-to-day operations
- To ensure everyone in the Team is acting in accordance with current legislation, rules and regulations, as advised by the Compliance Team
- To lead sustainable change e.g. new ways of working, involving stakeholders at all levels as appropriate
- Input to and implement the customer experience strategy as it relates to customer service
- To be a proactive member of the senior management team
- To ensure a consistently high level of service is given to all customers
- To ensure customers are treated fairly
- To innovate and differentiate our service from our competitors
- Ensure best-in-class complaint handling including closing the loop with customers and effective root-cause analysis ensuring lessons are learnt for the business.
- Develop a culture consistent with our values where staff at all levels want to learn and contribute
- To ensure everyone has a personal learning and development plan
- To oversee people matters for customer service: recruitment, induction, learning and development, coaching, performance management, reward and recognition, career mapping and succession planning.
- Ensure the smooth operation of a flexible, robust and resilient operating model
- To drive continuous improvement e.g. process re-engineering, providing insights and targeting failure demand, etc.
- Minimise operational costs, drive efficiencies and identify potential investments to over-achieve targets.
- Own and improve the online and offline customer journeys which relate to customer service.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a customer service operation within Financial Services
Technical Knowledge - Familiar with contact centre technologies including telephony, workflow, agent desktop, workforce management etc.
- Call Centre
- Contact Centre
- Customer Service
- Service Operation
- Workforce Management