Your new company
I am recruiting for one of the largest central government departments in the country who are based in Westminster.
Your new role
The Head of Customer Service provides the entry point for users to have their day to day issues resolved. As the Head of Customer Service you'll be accountable for the overall user experience for Technology within the department. You'll create and develop the customer service offering to the organisation, working with your team, other Digital and Technology functions, and third parties to deliver an excellent experience to the departments users.
You'll be responsible for the Help Desk which supports users with Digital and Technology issues - with a focus on first time resolution, excellent response rates, challenging technology that doesn't meet customer needs, problem management: responding and managing major incidents, monitoring and reporting on performance within Customer Service. Also working with technology providers (internal and external) to identify and demand the best.
What you'll need to succeed
Transform Customer Service by designing and delivering a project to improve our approach to and delivery of 1st and 2nd line support. This includes:
- Conducting user research into our current provision and issues.
- Implementing solutions to the user research findings.
- Metrics: how do we know we're doing a good job?
- Tech bars and local support; where should they be? how do they scale? Plus, implementation.
- Strategic direction on local vs shared service provision.
- Fixing the service catalogue technology and processes.
- Fixing the overall request process to reduce time to fulfilment and remove unnecessary steps.
- Communicating the successes to the business.
- Support the implementation of a revised approach to SIAM services, including which services we bring in-house, and which we outsource.
- Support the implementation of our commercial strategy.
What you'll get in return
In return for the above you will be given the chance to work for one of the most reputable government departments in the country.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job