My client is a leading Financial Services firm based in Watford. They are looking for a Head of Credit Risk to be responsible for the risk management of the lending portfolio and the policies, processes and procedures associated with our lending activity.
Continued development of our Credit Risk function has reinforced the need for the next generation Head of Credit Risk, who will continue to develop the organisation’s analytical and modelling capabilities, whilst protecting and improving asset quality. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop, communicate and implement commercial credit strategies which optimise the trade-off between revenue, margin gain and impairment whilst delivering positive customer outcomes.
- Have in-depth knowledge of best practice in credit risk management techniques in a sub-prime or near prime environment.
- Demonstrate success as a change agent in securing buy in to risk management strategic and tactical initiatives and policies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills that are commercially orientated with the ability to build key relationships at an enterprise and operational level.
- Be a self-starter who can make an early contribution which can then be sustained.
- Bring leadership qualities to the role and apply them within the business in meeting its core objectives.
- Provide innovative solutions that will help the business and function grow and develop.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement application, behavioral and loss forecasting statistical models that ensure the core financial and lending objectives of the organisation are met short and medium term.
- Develop commercial lending policies and strategies that optimise the revenue/debt trade off whilst delivering positive customer outcomes.
- Provide insight and regular reporting that underpins and protects scorecard and portfolio performance.
- Define and gain approval for appropriate revenue and capital budgets to ensure performance is subject to continuous improvement.
- Represent the company in credit risk related matters and secure and protect external relationships.
- Be aware of and follow the organisation’s security policy and practices, implement a clear desk policy, report incidents, and keep passwords secret.
Skills & Experience
- Proven skills and track record in credit risk management in a sub or near prime environment, preferably with a significant e-commerce component.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to interpret data and translate into insight and intelligence.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to sell and secure buy in and trust through periods of change at all management levels.
- Involved in major application and behavioral scoring and loss forecasting developments in consumer retail environments - with proven benefits.
- High energy, self-starter with strong leadership skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of decision support systems, modelling techniques and data management
- Degree level education in a numerate discipline.
- Credit Risk