The following job is no longer available:
Head of Course, BA Hons Acting Accelerated Degree
Head of Course, BA Hons Acting Accelerated Degree
Fourth Monkey is recruiting a Course Leader for the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree to join its dynamic staff team as part of our collaborative community of staff and students. The successful candidate will play a vital role in helping Fourth Monkey achieve its organisational objectives, by bringing their experience, knowledge and perspective to our innovative approach to contemporary actor training.
It's an exciting time to be joining the Fourth Monkey team; as 2020 marks our 10-year anniversary. Our two-year training course, the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree, is now fully accredited from September 2020 by our degree-awarding partner Falmouth University. We also have a new Ensemble show in production; touring in 2021 with a series of arts-based community engagement projects launching alongside this.
We are looking for a talented Course Leader who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree in support of the Director of Training and their team of freelance arts practitioners. The role will also include a range of responsibilities in relation to assessment, reporting and delivery with our accrediting partner Falmouth University as our degree-awarding partner. As such, experience of working within an accredited programme or with a degree-awarding partner would be desirable but not essential.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, proactive and dedicated manager. They will have academic credentials, strong administrations skills, with the experience and ability to multi-task in a dynamic and often busy working environment. They will manage and oversee the students' development and progression through the training journey in relation to their learning and developmental needs whilst also playing a key role in the academic development of the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree. The Course Leader will be an exceptional and motivational mentor and education professional with a broad industry understanding of the arts, meticulous attention to detail, plus a genuine passion and enthusiasm for innovative, collaborative and inclusive actor training.
They will have experience and understanding of student welfare management and needs and will be confident in the implementation of procedures in support of the students' training experience whilst seeking out appropriate support when required.
The main focus of the role will be to support the Director of Training, as part of their management team in the smooth running and delivery of Fourth Monkey's highly regarded professional actor training programme. In addition, they will work with the Director of Training in developing the training where necessary in response to contemporary industry needs and practices to ensure the course retains its reputation as a forerunner in contemporary actor training and fulfils its accreditation objectives and requirements.
The role of Course Leader will suit a confident and driven arts professional with an educational background, excellent communication and motivational skills, an ability to build and develop strong relationships, a keen eye for detail and a strong and generous team player. This is a fantastic challenge for a manager with a passion for the arts who is looking to work within a supportive and collaborative working environment as part of the core team alongside the Director of Training.
- Manage Quality Assurance processes for course content and monitor and evaluate achievement against those parameters on an ongoing basis
- Support the Director of Training to research and monitor sector requirements to ensure course content responds to sector needs
- Support the Director of Training to research and monitor student aspirations to ensure course responds to intake's needs
- Support the Director of Training and Artistic Director in the delivery of a programme of short courses
- Ensure that all course content aligns with the Fourth Monkey brand, ethos and philosophy with respect to diversity and inclusion
- Support and collaborate with the Academic Manager on the preparation and reporting of student assessment with our accrediting partner Falmouth University
- Be a key point of contact for our accreditation partners in regard to the development of suitable student records, reporting and moderation procedures
- Assist with the development of bespoke learning plans for each student with clear learning and production goals
- Monitor and evaluate student achievement against learning goals and support the Academic Manager in delivery of all monitoring and reporting to Falmouth University as our accrediting partner
- Deliver and coordinate all in-house student production auditions and evaluation meetings (1:1's)
- Organise and report on regular student tutorials throughout their training in addition to their 1:1 assessment meetings
- Work collaboratively with practitioners to ensure students are meeting/exceeding their learning/production goals
- Be the primary point of contact for all students on the BA (Hons) Acting Accelerated Degree
Practitioner Liaison and Management
- Liaise with the Building Coordinator to manage room bookings as they relate to the courses
- Prepare and be present at all student intake audition sessions
- Oversee student warm ups once a week and feedback to the Heads of Movement and Voice ensuring a managed student warm up procedure
- Deliver occasional outreach and recruitment workshops where necessary
- Source all materials and cast roles for all student assessment and evaluation projects
- Prepare training materials for practitioners in support of the Academic Manager
- Prepare individual student information for all practitioners
- Carry out day to day student liaison and individual student management
- Create and maintain student records in appropriate databases in line with data-protection policy
- Update student records to note progress against learning/performance goals
- Liaise with the Director of Training to facilitate monitoring and evaluation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'