Head of Corporate Procurement
£500 A DAY – 6-9 MONTHS
LOCAL AUTHORITY – LONDON
Baltimore Consulting Group are currently seeking a Head of Procurement for a London borough to drive a commercial and professional procurement approach across both current contracts and future requirements that supports the councils overall strategy by;
Providing professional expertise and support to both identify commercial opportunities and steer the delivery of commercial and procurement projects being carried out across the council
- Leading negotiations with suppliers in order to deliver cost savings and efficiencies
- Ensuring that the councils approach to commercial, commissioning and procurement projects is efficient, effective and consistent, ensuring value for money and compliance with regulations IE; Leading the development and embedding of the councils approach to eSourcing other relevant tools to support all stages of the procurement cycle in the most effective way
- Driving the continuous improvement and embedding of the councils governance processes in relation to procurement and contract management
- Supporting team development to offer a true internal consultancy/ business partner model
- Leading the management and ensuring the value for money of the council’s corporate contracts.
- Act and make decisions on behalf of the Head of Commercial, Procurement and DAPSS in their absence on commercial and procurement team matters
- Build and develop relationships with key stakeholders to support delivery of both service area business plans and wider council programmes through delivery of effective professional advice and challenge.
This role requires a senior procurement professional who possesses the ability to challenge and improve current processes who has a commercial knowledge of strategic partnership working and the ability to create support and co-ordinate seamless partnerships with internal and external client groups and suppliers including health, other local authorities and public sector organisation.
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity and are available at short notice for a new assignment then please forward your updated CV or call Suzanne Rudd on
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job