Head of Corporate Portfolio Management
Castlefield Recruitment are working with a large public sector organisation who are looking to recruit a Head of Corporate Portfolio Management, on a permanent basis.
Head of Corporate Portfolio Management - The role:
- Establish and operate the new Corporate Portfolio Management service, taking overall responsibility for developing and managing the target and transitional operating models on behalf of the Group.
- Shape the portfolio of projects required to deliver effective changes across the Group to underpin the delivery of strategic objectives, including supporting Strategy and Planning teams in the assessment of new opportunities and the impact this has on the current operating model and change programme.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of detailed business procedures, including the centralisation and maintenance of a comprehensive business procedures library and associated training materials, to support the effective operations of the Group.
- Oversee the effective management of business readiness activities required to successfully implement IT and cross-cutting changes within the Group’s Head Office.
- Oversee the development of Business Architecture and Business Process Design to ensure that all projects incepted are clearly scoped and their impact understood.
- Accountable for the Concept, Definition and Benefits Realisation phases of the project lifecycle.
Head of Corporate Portfolio Management - What you must have:
- Experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating teams at a senior level, including managing team performance.
- In-depth knowledge (and experience) of business architecture methodology and development.
- Experience of project management, preferably with an understanding of definition, inception and design methods and techniques.
- Detailed understanding of organisational change, ideally with experience of delivering large scale change across a complex multi-site organisation.
- Proven track record of financial awareness including analysis and interpretation of complex financial data.
- Evidence of effective senior stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation.
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business.
- Results driven with strong analytical skills and experience of providing meaningful management information.
- Commercially aware with a focus on continuous improvement and the ability to drive change.
- Degree qualification in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of the Group’s Corporate Strategy, Plan and Target Operating Model
- Ability to quickly gain a thorough understanding of the Group’s current operating model
- Business Architecture
- Public Sector
- Operating Models
- Business Process Design
- Senior Stakeholder Management