Head of Corporate Communications
Location: Bristol (or London with frequent travel to Bristol)
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to set up, manage and enhance our strategic approach to membership and internal communications. You will be responsible for producing high quality and engaging corporate communications content across multiple channels and for a variety of internal and external audiences.
This will include:
- Developing aligned internal and member communications plans to build and maintain Jisc’s reputation amongst its memberships.
- Programming and delivering a pipeline of engaging and impactful communications which enable our people and our members to feel inspired and valued.
- Providing strategic and tactical support across the business demonstrating how communications can add value and drive business outcomes.
- Working closely with colleagues in public affairs, media and digital to create a fully joined up 'oneteam’ approach to all communications.
- Establishing, supporting and developing a small team of membership communications and internal communications specialists
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an open, approachable and inspirational leader who takes a positive but pragmatic approach to everything you do. You will need to be engaged and passionate, and a positive role model for the teams you manage.
In terms of experience, you will need:
- Significant and relevant experience held at a senior, strategic position leading member and customer communications.
- Experience of effective management and delivery of large scale projects including working with multi-disciplinary teams across an entire organisation
- Experience leading and implementing internal communication strategies
- Experience handling major corporate affairs
- Expertise in corporate responsibility
You will also need:
- Persuasive negotiation and influencing skills
- Great writing skills
- Strong stakeholder management and networking skills
- Good people management abilities
- A creative and innovative approach
- The ability to be effective in face-to-face interactions with senior members, customers (both internal and external) and stakeholder groups
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 extra days for our Christmas closure, in addition to eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution)
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based in Bristol or London with frequent travel to Bristol.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.
This job advert will close once the right candidate has been found. So, if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Difference is good and here at Jisc we want to celebrate it. So regardless of your background or personal characteristics, if you are great at what you do, we want to hear from you.
No agencies please.
- Corporate Communications