Head of Contact Centres
UK & Ireland is one of the leading markets within the TUI Group - the world’s number one integrated tourism business.
Offering effortless service and easy to do business with. That’s the view we want our customers to have of us at TUI UK & Ireland. It’s an exciting time to be joining us, in particular in the area of customer contact. We’re on a transitional journey in our customer facing functions, with new technology planned to be delivered in the short and mid-term, which will enable a seamless customer experience across all distribution channels.
As the Head of Contact Centre for TUI UK & Ireland you will plan for, and deliver, exceptional contact centre performance in both customer service delivery and budget management as well as playing a key role in designing and deploying our future customer contact strategy.
What you will be doing
Based in Swansea you’ll be the senior person on site leading 450 UK based colleagues and sizeable additional flexible workforce through our offshore partners in India and South Africa. Working with for the Resource & Performance Planning team, who will deliver the day to day scheduling and intra-day activity, you will ensure that the business optimises resources to deliver exceptional customer service associated with a market leading Holiday Company. You’ll also manage the budget and being accountable for the Swansea site. This is a Contact Centre that manages more than 5 million service related contacts per annum (including Director, customer service and complaints).
Our Swansea location wasn’t always the main contact centre site. Since the start of 2018 we have significantly increased the operation size – both linked to growth plans and the relocation of another site to Swansea. As a result, coaching and developing the team will be integral to the success of this role. You will be responsible for improving colleague satisfaction scores, staff retention, CSAT and NPS, establishing Swansea as the centre of expertise for all things customer related and fit for growth over the coming years.
To ensure that your teams consistently and efficiently deliver world class, you will:-
• lead from the front, creating high levels of team engagement, low staff turnover and a performance culture
• put the customer at the heart of contact centre service to meet and improve performance targets
• coach and develop your direct reports, ensuring that they understand the business and customer service strategies, the operational and financial performance of the company, and their role in helping to deliver these through their leadership behaviours and their technical knowledge
• steer the Resource & Performance Planning team to optimise resources, agreeing and meeting a financial plan, and continually review the cost and customer model to identify ways to increase value
• manage our outsourced partners to ensure that they are as engaged and committed as our TUI colleagues, and deliver strong operational performance
• Further embed a culture of feedback, learning and development,
Leveraging improved technology, and TUI’s commitment to continuous improvement, you will be part of the senior team that develops and deploys our future customer contact strategy, delivering a seamless customer experience across multiple channels.
You will represent the voice of the customer internally, playing a key role in transforming our future customer contact strategy, working closely with key stakeholders; particularly those from Retail and E-Commerce, using your experience and understanding of “the art of the possible” to help define the strategy and communicating clearly with your teams and colleagues to engage the business on the new strategy.
What we are looking for
An inspirational and collaborative leader who wants to learn and drive their career, and the career of others, while spreading smiles across the organization. The ideal candidate will already be operating at a senior leadership level and have strong, proven contact centre experience.
• A customer focused and commercially aware individual, who looks to the future, embraces continuous improvement and seeks to deliver their best, personally and through their teams.
• The ability to manage big teams, on-site and at a distance. Experience of running multi-site contact centre operations is essential.
• Broad experience of delivering exceptional customer service in a fast paced and complex, multi-channel environment.
• Experience of developing and deploying customer contact strategies.
• Strong stakeholder management
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and Splash World Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 63,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, cash car allowance, participation in the discretionary annual bonus scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, pension and the chance to join the Company Share scheme.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"