Head of Programme - Public Sector Events
Leading media business widely regarded as the UK’s largest independent provider of training for the public sector is looking to recruit an experienced conference producer to manage, train and develop a team of junior conference producers as well as produce (30%) of role.
With dedicated staff and excellent research capabilities, they produce and offer over 400 events each year. Their courses range from skills based courses which focus on personal and organisational development, to policy courses that allow their attendees the opportunity to learn about how to best implement the latest public policy and comply with regulation.
Our client is looking for a senior conference producer who is looking to take the next step in their career and lead their Programme team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail and an interest in policy and public affairs.
Main duties will include:
- Oversee all content across courses (from idea generation, through to sourcing trainers/speakers and on the day delivery)
- Managing a team of seven employees ranging from Programme Assistants to Senior Programme Managers
- Responsible for scheduling the courses they run across the year
- Identifying growth areas for the sectors they operate in
- Driving idea generation through public sector policy updates and skills areas
- Managing internal relationships with their Operations, Marketing and Sales teams
- Growing the production team and supporting employees’ progression
- Proofing all content for courses
- Joint responsibility alongside the Head of Division to sign off all new ideas generated
- Managing key relationships with trainers and speakers
- Ensuring event costs and trainer fees are maintained at a steady level and within budget
- Leading on product quality
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2 years plus in conference production or training course production
- Ability to spot new trends for each course and implement them in the content and growth
- Interest in public policy is important and an understanding of public policy is an advantage
- Experience of managing a team and progressing careers
- Knowledge and experience in putting together training courses and identifying the business critical reasons for delegates to attend
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- An excellent communicator who can manage external relationships and business expectations
- Self-motivated, professional and focused in all aspects of work
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to lead from the front while not shying from rolling up your sleeves
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media, digital media, print, exhibition, event, conference, outdoor and radio sales, in addition to marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
- Public Sector
- Conference Production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job