Our client is an innovative financial services company with many subsidiaries worldwide and a strong presence in China and Asia. They are leading the way in the provision of professional services and products including HK&US stock, Forex, P2P, small and micro loans as well as integrated and comprehensive financial products and services that belong to wealth management, investment consulting and consume financial credit fields.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Providing management with the implementation and development of policies, practices and procedures to comply with FCA regulations and enhancing internal systems & controls
- Development of the relationship between the Compliance Function and both internal and external clients.
- Keeping abreast of the national and international regulatory environments and identification of developments that may impact the firm’s control framework.
- Ensuring that all operations are designed, implemented & monitored in line with FCA regulations
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews & overseeing risk assessments to verify the integrity of compliance systems and controls to provide assurance/feedback to the business on their ability to meet regulatory/legislative obligations
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate risk based framework systems & controls
- Liaising with stakeholders to oversee regulatory reporting requirements
- Implementing a strong compliance culture throughout the firm
- Assisting with reports to the board of directors and any ad hoc projects as required.
- Educated to degree level, preferably Business, Finance, Economic or other related field
- Demonstrable Compliance experience gained within financial services, preferably within FX or P2P Lending
- Strong knowledge of FCA regulations and a desire to succeed in a generalist compliance/ AML role
- Knowledge of AML/ KYC processes and requirements
- Ability to make assess operational development and to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Adaptable & flexible, with an enthusiastic 'can-do’ attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in a global business with multiple global offices and exposure to regulation across multiple jurisdictions including the UK, Europe and Asia
- Experience in Data Protection and privacy, with a solid understanding of the forthcoming GDPR
- General experience around other compliance areas such as anti-bribery and corruption
- Experience of setting up and/or managing compliance programmes and controls, including use of technology
- Relevant qualification in Quality Management at level 5 or above
- CF10&CF11 registered/ Previous MLRO/Deputy MLRO experience
- Previous experience of managing internal risk control/financial crime risk (AML/KYC/CDD/Sanctions)
- Fundamental understanding of regulated issues that could affect FX and P2P lending
- Reporting any suspicious activity or transaction to the National Crime Agency (NCA) by completing and submitting a Suspicious Activity Report
- Putting in place and operating anti money laundering controls and procedure (Record keeping)
- Carrying out money laundering risk assessments
- Training staff in preventing money laundering
Think you've got what we're looking for? We'd love to hear from you. Get in touch today.