My client is a long established and highly regarded financial services organisation.
An exceptional opportunity exists for an individual to formulate, execute and document the Company’s Compliance strategy, manage and lead the compliance team, provide appropriate assurance to trhe Board and Management as to compliance with appropriate regulation and legislation and act as the firms Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
The role is a Senior Manager role under the SMCR, and you are subject to both the PRA / FCA Individual, and Senior Manager Conduct rules.
- To formulate and document the Company’s compliance strategy based on government legislation and the regulators (eg FCA’s) rules and guidance on best practice.
- To develop and implement appropriate controls and monitoring in the context of the business model to ensure that the firms meets its statutory and regulatory obligations (Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and applicable regulatory Rules) and internal or Group requirements in respect of Compliance.
- As Data Protection Officer, to take the lead in providing expert advice and the promotion of data protection compliance and best practice in setting and maintaining standards and procedures across the firm.
- To work with all areas of the business to embed the culture of good compliance practice and in particular treating customers fairly.
- To act as the firms MLRO, managing the team and ensuring the firm meets its regulatory responsibilities
- Ensure the timely provision of reporting and management information
- Responsibiity for the Compliance Advisory, Monitoring and AML teams (Manchester and London based)
- Provide assurance to the Executive Committee that the team is able to produce and deliver effective plans and programmes in relation to all compliance areas
- Attendance at the Board Risk, Compliance and Legal Committee
- A deep understanding of Compliance and financial crime as a discipline within a wealth management, private banking environment, and the subsequent benefits from such implementation
- Motivates/inspires the team and its members to perform and add value to the broader firm
- Confident and comfortable communicating with teams and individuals across all hierarchical levels e.g. Team members, Directors, Board.
- Experience of having worked in both large and small institutions and comfortable in working with little supervision and taking ownership and responsibility, within a smaller organisation.
Salary range is broad and commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The preference would be to base this role in Manchester but they are also willing to consider appointing someone in London but with an understanding that they will need to spend time in both locations given the team is split across both offices.
Salary range is broad and will be entirely commensurate with experience but reflect the significance of the role.