Grafton Banks Finance is currently recruiting for an ambitious and driven Head of Commercial Finance/Lead Business Partner for an industry respected organisation, with offices in Leeds. The role is primarily business-focused, providing insight to drive growth initiatives, margin enhancement and commercial opportunities and to ensure their impact on the financial performance of the organisation is understood. You will report to and work alongside the Credit Services CEO to support all three business units. You will initially be responsible for managing a newly formed sub division with huge plans to grow substantially over the next two years. This role will play an integral part in shaping the strategy of the business.
Some of the main responsibilities include:
- Supporting the business unit CEO, ensuring complete alignment and playing a key part in determining the strategy of the business
- Supporting pricing proposals through reviewing and challenging new bid / renewal pricing and cost modelling.
- Actively involved in the product roadmap and the sales and marketing initiatives to drive it.
- Client interaction; supporting the MD with client commercial negotiations
- Providing decision support and finance business partnering to senior stakeholders within Credit Services; analysing business performance and challenging poor performance within the business
- Developing and managing initiatives to improve commercial performance and enhance revenue and margin;
- Taking a lead role in the forecasting and budget cycle, ensuring forecasts are robust and risks and opportunities highlighted and managed; as well as identifying growth areas, efficiencies and opportunities;
- Supporting process improvement in Order to Cash and Record to Report streams of Finance Transformation Programme; identifying efficiencies and working with Shared Service Centres to optimise performance;
Some of the main skills and attributes essential for this role are:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with significant business-facing or commercial finance experience, ideally within the Technology sector;
- Demonstrable experience in using financial information to drive business benefits in terms of improved efficiency, and additional revenue and margin;
- Strong stakeholder management and proven business-partnering skills;
- Technically strong, with a good understanding of revenue recognition and project accounting (ideally within a business services environment);
- Experience in leading budget / forecast cycles for significant areas of opex / capex;
- Comfortable working within a complex and fast-moving organisation, and across a matrix structure;
- Financial modelling ability with Strong PC Skills – high level of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Finance systems (Agresso would be advantageous);
- Enthusiastic, committed and flexible to the demands of a fast-paced business with a significant amount of change.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for future career progression within a dynamic organisation. For your experience and knowledge in the above you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.