fdu is recruiting a Head of Commercial Finance for a client based in Surrey (Interim to Permanent).
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for Reporting and Analysis across all commercial contracts, your key responsibilities will include:
- Challenging performance and ensuring the integrity of monthly forecasts, ensuring that the forecasts are stretched but achievable;
- Managing the production of monthly management accounts, forecasting, budgeting and balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines, ensuring the accurate reflection of financial performance and variances across all contracts;
- Assisting with the annual Business Plan process helping Contract Managers with the setting of stretched but achievable Business Plan forecasts;
- Production and interpretation of a detailed monthly reporting pack, presenting the financial position of each contract stream at monthly reviews with senior management;
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks;
- Understanding a complex client contract's and its financial implications on the business;
- Ensure best practice and standard systems, processes and procedures are in operation, ensuring compliance with policies and rules and proactively strive for continuous improvement.
Skill Sets and Experience:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent) with five + years post qualification experience;
- A commercial understanding and appreciation of a business operating on long term contracts model;
- Strong management accounting experience, covering complex and detailed budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis;
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role;
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture".
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills - the ability to liaise effectively with non-finance staff and at all levels.
- Strong team management experience; ability to motivate;