Head of Clinical Services Hospice
Domus are currently working with a fantastic national charity who are a specialist provider of end-of-life care. They are looking to recruit a Head of Clinical Services to join their dedicated staff team to oversee an exciting period of development as the charity prepare to launch their palliative care hub as well as overseeing the Hospice based in Nettlebed.
The hospice provides for adults aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. They offer a range of support, from inpatient care in their 12-bed hospice to a 7-day community nursing service and day services.
- Responsibility for the quality and standards of care delivered in the hospice and out in the community acting as Registered Manager for the services with the Care Quality Commission.
- Managing the provision of care services within the delegated budget, to agreed service specifications and to defined outcome measures.
- Ensuring that clinical services meet relevant Care Standards Act, Environmental Standards and Health and Safety requirements.
- Driving a culture of continuous quality improvement demonstrated within a quality improvement plan and reported centrally into the Healthcare Governance Committee.
- Taking a clinical lead on the development and implementation of new services in response to local and national service demands.
- Working closely with other areas of the organisation including fundraising, marketing and policy/campaigns by providing information and analysis to support the delivery of the organisational strategy.
- Deputising for the Hospice Director where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a registered Nurse with NMC and educated to degree level or equivalent (ideally RGN)
- Have a relevant management qualification (or equivalent experience)
- Have a CQC Registered Manager's qualification or the ability to meet the requirements of CQC Registered Manager's status within three months of being in post.
- Experience of service development and successful change management, having taken the lead in at least one specific change project.
- Knowledge of budgets and detailed understanding of care costs and calculations for care provision which is sector specific.
If you are currently looking for a new opportunity, then please send an up to date CV to or alternatively call James on to discuss specific roles.
***I cover all Nursing and Home/Hospital Manager vacancies across the Home Counties and the South-West, so if you are looking for work and living in this region please send me your CV and I will give you a call.***
Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"