Head of Chemistry
Location: Enfield, North London
Salary Scale: MPS + TLR 2b
Start Date: September 2018
GSL Education are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Chemistry to join a friendly, dynamic Ofsted rated 'good’ school where all can thrive and staff are highly valued. It is a permanent role commencing in September 2018.
The role is at a secondary school located in Enfield, North London. The school has onsite car parking and is in close proximity to London Overground and underground stations.
The school wish to appoint a candidate with the outstanding potential to lead Chemistry. The school currently offer Biology, Chemistry and Physics up to KS5 with both combined Science and separate sciences taught at KS4.
Science department offers:
* For the successful candidate to join a flourishing and supportive department.
* To work in an all-inclusive department where students of all abilities are given the opportunity to study a language.
* Well equipped, new refurbished specialist science laboratories all equipped with IWB’s
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS enhanced disclosure check.
The successful candidate will:
* Be a qualified teacher of Chemistry (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
* Demonstrate recent experience as a Head of Chemistry.
* Has a vision for what outstanding learning & teaching should look like in the teaching of Biology.
* Ability to teach all key stages
* Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
* Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
* Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist at our client schools.
We welcome applications from all teachers who feel that they can add value to this school and whom can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. For more information on the Head of Chemistry timetable, school and how to apply please contact Ryan at GSL education.