Nuffield Health are currently seeking two forward thinking, customer and commercial focused leaders to take on the challenge of improving the products and services within our hospitals.
Head of Category Management - Existing Hospital Services
Head of Category Management - New & Tertiary Hospital Services at our Epsom Support Centre
Reporting to the Commercial and Category Development Director, these senior roles offer an exciting opportunity to take on full accountability for commercial growth and category management of the hospital service lines. Specifically, one person will be responsible for new clinical specialities or tertiary service delivery and commercial partnerships; whilst the other will look after existing clinical specialities or services. In addition, you'll define and execute category initiatives relative to your specialism to drive product / proposition optimisation, development and commercial growth. You will fundamentally own the service lines you are responsible for from a commercial and a proposition perspective.
What we need you to bring to the role:
- Commercially and strategically focused yet appreciative of the importance of effective operational delivery and full customer journey and experience; with the ability to develop, forecast and delivery of associated revenue and cost lines
- Ability to "Think Like a Customer" using feedback and insight to inform and influence decisions on effective solutions
- An innovator that is up to date on the latest trends and prepare to get ahead of the curve developing and executing strategies to implement new services, able to work beyond the "conventional wisdom", can see outside the existing paradigm. Can horizon scan and draw parallels from unrelated industries, markets and cultures to apply to create new and unique solutions.
- Typically degree in a related subject, e.g. Business or Marketing, or significant experience within market or organisation (Nuffield Health), ideally we'd love you to have a clinical qualification and/or experience related to your specialism and even a Higher degree or MBA
- Experience in developing solutions and delivery through a matrixed and "remote" organisation
- Knowledge / SME of UK private hospital market, policy & guidelines, regulation, financial and legal processes
For Existing Hospital Services:
- Knowledge / SME of key private healthcare speciality service lines such as MSK, general surgery to include gynaecology and urology, ophthalmology, men and women's health etc.
For New & Tertiary Hospital Services:
- Knowledge / SME of key private healthcare speciality service lines such as MSK, general surgery to include oncology, cardiology and tertiary or specialist services.
- These are representative lists only and not exclusive but is illustrative of acute secondary care speciality service lines
And as a leader within Nuffield Health we're looking for:
- An effective influencer with the ability to engage with a wide variety of key stakeholders and colleagues at all levels with essential stakeholder management skills in a matrix environment
- A strong team leader, being able to lead by inspiring, engaging and driving performance from direct and indirect teams towards a common goal
- Team ethic - the large ambitions of Nuffield Health cannot be achieved in pockets and silos. The particular complexities of the business means large scale change can only be achieved by working with others who have complementing and differing skills to achieve massive scale change.
Please indicate on your application if you have a preference to either position, and send along with your current package details and notice period. Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not for profit healthcare business.
Location: Our Epsom Support Centre is just 30 minutes away from London, and located within walking distance of Epsom train station. Whilst our base is here, we are open to you working from alternative locations.
Benefits: We want you to be the best you can be. Therefore, we promise to support you with training, career development and our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership of your local Fitness and Wellbeing Club, private healthcare and an annual health assessment, as well as a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits. We want to help you live well and get the balance right in life, so we will give you 25 days' holiday in your first years here - and we will reward you with more annual leave for building your career with us.
Ready to bring out the specialist in you? Apply at nuffieldhealthcareers.com
- Business Development
- Category Management
- Commercial Director
- Hospital Director
- Service Line Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job