Head of Call Centre Operations
The UK’s market leading B2B Telemarketing agency is looking for a high performing individual to join our dynamic leadership team and contribute towards the company’s fast growth. This unique opportunity is to lead a department of 150 staff and to work with some of the world’s leading brands. This award winning company is known for its professional and positive culture and investment in staff through its in-house Business School. The ideal candidate is an experienced operator who possess strong leadership skills to run your own management team and collaborate with other departmental heads to drive business growth.
The department consists of 12 teams, who are organised into 4 operational units, each headed by an Operations Manager. The job is to work directly with your team of 4 Operational Managers, and indeed the wider department, in order to deliver our B2B clients outsourced telemarketing campaigns. This new role has come about due to growth, with the department now being doubled in size in the next 4 years. The department is well established with high quality IT systems and processes, however our attitude is 'continual improvement’, and as such you will be expected to drive innovation throughout the department to ensure we are always at the cutting edge of our industry.
Reporting into a board member, this is a senior leadership role within a company with an excellent industry reputation and a proven track record for growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
Working in the Operations department, your teams are responsible for maintaining the portfolio of Key Account activity. All new Key clients are won by the New Business team and passed over to Operations. It is then Operations job to deliver the specified campaigns to a high standard. You are supported by the Key Accounts team who manage the client relationship and work alongside Operations in order to maintain and grow the existing client revenues. Day to day duties include;
- Collaborating with support functions, such as recruitment, learning and development, and compliance and ensure your department’s needs are met.
- Running weekly 121 sessions with your management team, giving them clear guidance on how to prioritise their workload and allocate their time.
- Reviewing the portfolio of live campaigns to ensure your team are delivering the desired results. Allocating resource and personally intervening when required in order to maximise results.
- Responsible for the delivery of the departments KPI’s (such as billing efficiency, and absence) and the adherence to company processes.
- Ongoing motivation and upskilling of the management team.
- Leadership of the full unit (circa. 150 staff), and set and maintain a strong departmental culture that complements the company’s overall culture, work ethic, and standards.
- Reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful and if not, devise an alternative.
- Preparation of routine and adhoc reports for the board in order to effectively communicate the departments’ performance, threats, and opportunities.
- Drive innovation in the department through analysis and collaboration. Be open to testing and introducing new technologies and working process in pursuit of 'continual improvement’.
- Get involved in long-term business planning at the managerial and executive level
- Formulating an annual roadmap of initiatives, to support the company’s 12 month budget, and 5 year vision.
- Where appropriate, engage with clients alongside the Account Directors in order to offer operational insight. This may the form of weekly conference calls, or formal client face to face reviews.
Qualifications and Skills
We are looking for a self-starter searching for more than "just a job", eager to invest in themselves and develop professionally. Ideal attributes and skills include:
- Bachelors degree (preferable).
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role.
- 5+ years’ experience in a call centre environment.
- Some level of project management experience (preferable).
- Excellent verbal and written commination skills, and competent public speaking (for addressing the department).
- An aspirational individual who embodies the companies’ high standards and is a confident leader.
- A resilient and well organised individual.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the discipline and self-manage their duties.
- Experience with developing business cases, requiring board level sign off.
- Experience working with a CRM system.
- Highly competent in Microsoft office; particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with using reporting from telephony systems.
- Refined ability to make decisions, delegate responsibilities, and provide leadership and coaching to your team.
- Competent in the areas of Marketing, Call Centres, Compliance, Recruitment, and Sales. Preferably, with B2B experience.
A great place to work
This is a people business. Having been ranked in the UK’s top 50 Great Places to Work for the last five years, this is a company with a positive culture that is passionate about helping people get the most out of their career and from their lives. The growth aspirations of the company makes sure it retains an ambitious and entrepreneurial atmosphere, whilst operating in the structure and financial security of its PLC parent company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job