£Negotiable depending on experience + Excellent Benefits
Wiltshire, commutable from areas such as: Swindon, Newbury, Andover & Marlborough
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a hugely successful, friendly and supportive organisation with a wonderful reputation as their new Head of Buying. In this challenging and responsible role, you will work closely with the founders to own the buying strategy and range expansion. You will be responsible for spearheading the Brand values, leading a team and collaborating with others to deliver the buying strategy, ensuring commercial success.
Your role will involve:
- Working with the founders to develop the buying strategy, build new ranges and products that are consistent with the Brand Values
- Leading & motivating a buying team of 9 to implement the buying strategy and company vision
- Working closely with the Head of Merchandising (HoM) to drive sales and increase margin
- Taking responsibility for the seasonal range strategy which delivers against the KPI’s, and communicating this effectively to the wider company
- Being responsible for updating the Board with new range plans and range performance
- Identify competitor activity and trends in the marketplace whilst keeping the customer at the core of everything
- Streamlining processes and critical paths to improve efficiency
- Steering the buying team to think digitally first
- Liaising with other internal stakeholders, including merchandising, creative and performance marketing, finance and operations, to optimise brand values, sales, & profitability
- Developing excellent supplier relationships in line with the strategic plan and being responsible (with HoM) for negotiating key supplier T&C’s
- Ensuring the website and all printed media showcases products with analysis-informed commerciality
- Working with the Head of Merchandising to ensure excellent inter team collaboration
You will be the ideal candidate due to your:
- Previous experience at Head of Buying or Senior Buyer level, with management responsibility for a medium sized team
- Good consumer knowledge and experience of buying within a consumer environment
- Proven experience in looking for new opportunities to grow business and attract and engage new customers
- Excellent leader, with strong organisational skills, ability to influence, a real team player
- Ideally have worked in a buying team within e-commerce and analytically driven retail environments
- Strong brand awareness & customer focused
- Experience of working closely with and building supplier relationships
- A good communicator with excellent internal and external stakeholder management
- Attention to detail, discerning eye and a taste level in line with the Brand
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and embraces change as a positive
- Excellent negotiation skills & commercially savvy
This is a great opportunity for you to really make your mark in a fast paced and growing environment. Please apply now if this sounds like the role for you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'