This is a rare opportunity for a Head of Buying to join our client, in a key appointment within their growing team.
The primary focus of the role will be to manage the buying team, monitor and manage workload, negotiate orders with their China office, document product details, manage the checking of samples and swatches to ensure they ship products to meet their quality standards and customer expectations and implement systems to ensure consistency.
Applicants could be maths teachers who have the ability and desire to move into a commercial environment.
You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- high level mathematics/numeracy skills and the ability to do complex mathematical calculations & equations, including profit margin & currency conversion
- experience of managing a team
- the ability to lead the negotiators with strategies to achieve the best possible commercial terms and prices depending on production space availability
- a logical and common sense approach
- experience of implementing new systems
- the ability to manage a high volume of emails and be extremely organised
- the ability to analyse information quickly and to work under pressure in a fast-paced and busy environment
Experience of dealing with far east suppliers and understanding the politics and culture involved would be a distinct advantage, in order to quickly gain their respect. Travel to the far east once or twice per year is likely.
As part of the interview process candidates will be required to complete maths tests.
If you are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply ASAP.
Our client, founded in 1985, is an award winning innovative luggage and travel goods business with offices in UK, US, Australia, Hong Kong and China.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.