We are seeking a Head of Business for an exciting new College in Doha. The primary role of the Head of Business is to provide strong academic leadership to manage and develop the department to ensure it achieves the highest possible standards of excellence in all its activities. They will be supported by the Deputy Principal Academic Affairs, and by colleagues from within the department, Faculty, Student Services and Operations.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Be responsible and accountable for setting and advancing the academic strategy of the Department
- Develop and sustain appropriate structures for management, consultation, decision-making and communication with staff and students
- Be an active member of the department academic committee and contribute to the overall leadership and management of the department
- Represent the department on the College Academic Committee
- Refresh and develop new programmes in order to attract new students and markets
- Fulfil the University´s responsibilities concerning students in respect of their admission, instruction, progress and assessments
- Follow the policy and procedures set out by the College Quality Lead.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in a Business specialism from a recognized university. A research or professional doctoral degree is desirable
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be a native speaker of English or possess an IELTs 7.5
- Be computer literate
- Possess a working knowledge of Arabic is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated evidence of at least 5 years substantial and relevant management experience acting as a programme manager or head of department
- Prior work experience in the GCC or in a UK-style HE college environment is highly desirable as well as a successful track record at middle management level in a UK tertiary college or UK-style tertiary college in the Middle East.
Appointments will be made immediately with the expectation that successful candidates can relocate to Qatar in April this year.
The contracts will be two years renewable. The package includes housing, car allowance, telephone allowance, flights annually, private health insurance + government health card. Managers will have 7 weeks paid leave. The breaks occur in December, April and in the summer.
Family status available
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- Middle Management
- Senior Management