Our extremely professional and established client is seeking a Head of Business to join their organisation in Haywards Heath.
Manages the business services department and - in accordance with ICT and operational policies and regulations - attains the quality, reliability and efficiency standards for business facilities and computerisation processes so that customer and employee satisfaction can be optimised in terms of business operations.
Results and core duties
Coaches and guides employees in accordance with core values ??and objectives, allowing them to develop optimally and to contribute as best they can to achieving the department’s objectives. In the process, assesses the individual performance of staff members in relation to their personal development and the expectations of the organisational unit.
Strategic advice and implementation
Assesses trends and developments in the field of business services, identifies areas for improvement and develops alternative policy scenarios. Translates the Information & Operations Division’s approved policy into programmes for change and supervises their implementation, taking into account existing working procedures and methods. Evaluates implementations once completed and hands them over to the operational work organisation.
Departmental annual plan
Translates the Information & Operations Division’s business plans into the required department objectives, taking into account the manageability of the results, existing and other collaboration agreements, and the available expertise within the department. Produces estimates for the resources and budgets required and sets priorities for these.
Initiates and maintains formal and informal contacts with various stakeholders within the organisation, with the aim of increasing expertise, profitability and collaboration. Represents the company appropriately in familiar and unfamiliar situations.
Standards for processes and working methods
Monitors, analyses and evaluates department results and identifies improvement opportunities. Optimises processes and creates synergy benefits, taking into account risks, collaboration agreements and organisational objectives where applicable. Evaluates improvement initiatives with all relevant stakeholders, with a view to continuous improvement.
Customer excellence and delivery standards
Is responsible for the design, development and management of optimally performing end-to-end customer processes, taking into account a good balance between customer satisfaction and cost. Promotes and safeguards a culture in which customer excellence, continuous improvement and the computerisation of solutions are the guiding principles when serving customers. Gathers best practices based on customer experiences and ensures that these are actively shared and promoted.
Reduced operational and other risks
Identifies and monitors operational risks and discusses bottlenecks with relevant stakeholders. Converts bottlenecks into improvement programmes, weighing up the benefits and necessities, and the organisation’s work capacity in the process. Creates a risk framework that traces and addresses operational, financial and fraud risks based on monitoring and control actions.
Develops national and international category-specific purchasing strategies that suit the companies entrepreneurial landscape. Finds suitable vendors for specific needs, taking into account quality, speed and flexibility. Negotiates the pricing policy, services and logistics and the quality of these, while continually calling suppliers to account with respect to agreements made.
Gathers information about the results and effects of the business services organisational unit, analyses these and assesses the importance of outcomes for management and external agencies. Reports on the findings, explains them and advises on improvement opportunities.
- Knowledge of business economics at university level.
- Knowledge of financial and process management (including programme and change management).
- Knowledge of international financial services, vision, strategy, objectives, structure and business processes, services portfolio.
- Social skills for internal matters, such as giving strategic advice to management and the management team, leading a team that operates internationally, and managing cultural differences.
- Social skills for external matters, such as building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with clients, supervisory authorities and other stakeholders.
- Writing proficiency for drawing up strategic recommendations, annual plans and accountability reports.
- Around 12 years of experience with a financial service provider that operates internationally, of which 7 years must be management experience.
- People leadership: encourages development, creates and appreciates a safe atmosphere
- Personal leadership: develops as a manager, is transparent and demonstrates exemplary behaviour
- Performance management: provides vision, guidance and feedback
Superb opportunity to join an established company at a very senior level.
First Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business for this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job