Head of Business Operations | Poole | Salary Negotiable D.O.E
You're a Senior Leader with experience of leading teams and running the Business Operations within the science or environmental sector looking for a new challenge with the aspiration to be a future Board Member.
With services unrivalled in the UK, this small division of a reputable company needs a highly experienced individual to manage the business and develop the team.
A unique role in a niche sector, you'll be using your commercial acumen & project management skills to deliver a first-class service of materials testing, geotechnical analysis and consultancy to clients across the Building, Construction, Civil Engineering and Environmental sectors.
A core part of the role will be applying your expert management skills to provide guidance to your team, enabling them to improve their skillset and empowering them to continually deliver a high-quality service to clients.
You & your team are responsible for over £1.2m worth of current business that has naturally evolved with customer demand however there is an appetite to utilise your experience to confidently scope out new opportunities and improve the current range of services.
This role for Head of Business Operations involves duties such as:
- Proactively managing the delivery of technical projects
- Managing commercial aspects of the business including financial targets and reporting working closely with the MD
- Developing new client relationships
- Nurturing your small team of Geoscientists/graduates (7-8)
- A BSc Degree and/or Masters Degrees with a geology basis, earth sciences or a related subject
- A solid understanding of commercial imperatives including behaviours, health and safety procedures and protecting the environment
- Confidence in setting and successfully meeting financial targets, reporting on project status to the MD at all stages of the process
- Experience working in a consultancy
- Competently lead a team to flourish
It is desirable for you to be a Chartered Geologist or have a scientist membership, but it's not essential.
Based in Poole, our client has 'state of the art' laboratories equipped with highest quality apparatus and being purpose-built for future development and expansion, the business is ready for your plans.
With your strong communication skills and ability to build working relationships with your team & clients, you'll find plenty of opportunities available for you to grow and shape your part of the business.
With the possibility of Directorship on offer for you in the near future, if you're ready for a new challenge, contact Luke at Rubicon for more information and to discuss your suitability.
Keywords: Business Operations, Manager, Head of Business, Head of Operations, Geoscience, Geotechnical Engineer, Chartered Geologist, Geo-environmental
Commutable from: Poole, Bournemouth, Ferndown, Ringwood, Weymouth, and Wimborne
Our team guarantees complete confidentiality and will never submit candidate's details or share them with a third party without first obtaining their permission.
- Business Operations
- people management
- Head of Operations
- Geotechnical Engineer
- senior manager
- Head of Business
- Chartered Geologist
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job