This is an exciting new senior role, and part of a brand new Global Markets Development directorate.
Working for a chartered professional body (financial services sector) which is dedicated to educating, developing and regulating professionals globally. Over 45% of members are based outside the UK.
Initially this 'Head of EMEA' role will have one direct report, with the ambition to build the team as regional revenues grow.
Purpose of role
- Developing and delivering the EMEA region’s business plan
- Driving revenue growth for the EMEA region
- Leading and managing business development activities across the EMEA region
- Ensuring a balanced, consistent and coherent approach to strategy and investment
- Sharing best practice and delivering region wide reputation, influence and growth in support of the corporate strategy
- Developing an understanding of complex political and regulatory environments
- Supporting the Director of Global Markets Development in advising the Chief Executive, directors, Senior Management Group and senior volunteers as appropriate.
- Interfacing remotely and face to face with strategic level stakeholders externally.
The Head of EMEA will play a significant part in shaping our client's future growth across EMEA markets - both geographic and sectoral, alongside protecting the UK market share (the largest member market in the EMEA region is the UK).
The post-holder will have a major impact on how the professional body is perceived - both by members and externally by key stakeholders and decision makers across EMEA.
Areas of principal accountabilities:
- Contributor to the development and delivery of a global markets strategy
- Creating and overseeing the delivery of an EMEA regional plan
- Researching and producing reports on EMEA markets to inform decisions around investment in the region
- Developing, implementing and driving performance metrics for region
- Exceeding revenue targets, and delivering YOY revenue growth for business development targets
- Providing annual growth forecasting
- Establishing and maintaining long-term relationships, alongside other key stakeholders, with existing customers and strategic partners
- Working closely with other stakeholders across the EMEA and global business to deliver new initiatives that drive member growth
- Reviewing and understanding the UK market and current market activities to ascertain market deliverables, return on investment, opportunities for growth, and risks and mitigations to protect current market share.
- Keeping EMEA markets on track with their annual plans and targets
- Liaison with regional universities and employers to identify opportunities
- Developing event ideas for revenue generation
- Building a network of potential sponsorship partners across the region
- Leading the EMEA regional team by inspiring, supporting and developing high calibre individuals
- Managing the performance of team members
- Being the regional expert
- Encouraging and supporting a vibrant member community in the region
- Actively engaging with employers of members,
- Being a contributor of content for member communications and the website
- Contributing to the delivery of member events and CPD in EMEA
- On behalf of the learning team, making regular visits to universities to develop the relationships by liaising with staff and students
- In partnership with the learning team, developing options to access study material and tuition for students locally
- Providing feedback to colleagues on student concerns and identifying opportunities
Reputation and influence:
- Ensuring that stakeholders understand the objectives of our client's interactions and activities in the region, and thereby can partner in providing support in a proactive and meaningful way
- Covering the broad spectrum of policy issues as appropriate regionally, and in partnership with the Public Affairs and Research Directorate
- Supporting our public affairs activities in the region, including liaising with industry bodies as appropriate
- Developing a good understanding and appreciation of the differing political systems and potential tensions, ensuring that this is embedded as knowledge into the regional and wider global agenda
- Acting as a spokesperson in regional media as appropriate
- Undertaking public speaking at regional conferences
Knowledge and Experience
- A commercially astute, entrepreneurial, and forward-thinking leader
- Strong evidence of line management and team building experience
- Demonstrable business development leadership success across EMEA
- Strength in building and managing relationships with C-level executives
- Makes a strong personal impact and is able to build and develop effective relationships quickly with people at all levels
- Flexibility - this is a new business area so the needs of this role will evolve over time
The below knowledge and experience are a big plus!
- Setting up a new business area
- Good knowledge of selling into, and consulting with, HR departments of large organisations
- Understanding of the professional qualifications environment
- Additional language skills
- International travel and UK travel will be an essential part of this role (25-30%).
This vacancy is being advertised by FJWilson Talent Services . The services advertised by FJWilson Talent Services are those of a recruitment business. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community. Furthermore, all qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from persons holding equivalent qualifications.