Head of Bid Management- Relocation to Kent or London
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this role is to partner with the commercial team to develop and execute a pipeline strategy delivering sustainable profitable growth for the company. Working across the business you will be assessing market opportunities, developing proposals and managing the delivery of high quality tenders to win new business and retain existing customers. The ability to think strategically is critical as is a consistent demonstrable track record of delivery.
An excellent communicator and highly influential, you will be able develop strong relationships at multiple levels and will regularly be operating at Board level internally and externally.
Leading and managing a team you will be ensuring resources are allocated against business priorities and coaching and developing team members to fulfil their potential.
The business has a growth requirement YoY to deliver new Business and retain existing business and this is critical to delivering the strategic plan for the business. The pipeline of opportunity means that maintaining a high win rate is a key part of delivering this growth.
Salary £70,000-£80,000 pa plus bonus and benefits
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding of procurement practise
- Track record of delivery improved win rates
- Experience of the food industry preferred
- Professional qualification, post graduate degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Overall responsibility for submission of tenders across entire business: CPL, Key Accounts, (Independent) including maintaining quality
- Maintain Bid Process to ensure best practice is captured
- IPRs - Bid Coordinators to be dealt with by Bid Manager
- Recruitment, selection and promotion as appropriate team members
- Responsibility for Product Matching team and product matching database
- Responsibility as CPL lead for retention including reporting back to CPL board
- Team to consist of Pipeline Manager, Product Matchers and Bid coordinators
- Specific Bid Management responsibility for key tenders - Retention and New Business
- Maintain database of past tenders for Pricing analysis including understanding of price point
Please contact or click apply for more information on this or any other role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job