1. To be responsible for the leadership and strategic management of the Asset Management Team within the Property and Major Programmes Division of the Place Directorate.
5. On behalf of the Council acquire new assets and dispose of assets surplus to the Council’s Requirements,
8. To manage the overall CAPs system on behalf of the Council, with regard to ensuring it is relevant, up to date and compliance is achieved on the statutory testing of all the Councils assets.
9. To provide corporate advice and assistance in the procurement of all property-related services, and to provide effective monitoring of service providers to ensure that objectives are achieved.
10. To plan, co-ordinate and project manage major redevelopment and regeneration projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be responsible for professional advice and support in service area to deliver in partnership with others the councils vision, values and ways of working.
2. Take overall responsibility for the planning and management of services, ensuring community and customer needs are identified and met.
3. Ensure the delivery of identified service objectives and continuous improvement of service targets.
4. Achieve results through the effective management and development of people.
5. Ensure the effective deployment of financial resources and compliance with statutory professional and organisation frameworks.
6. To be the lead officer responsible for establishing the role of the Corporate Landlord, along with the effective management of all council owned property including the commercial and community assets.
7. To be responsible for the delivery of the overall Asset Strategy.
8. Act as lead officer on allocated multi-disciplinary teams/projects, and organisational matters; initiate, support and oversee projects ensuring all work is undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, the Council’s policies and procedures, the highest professional practice and to the benefit of the residents of the Borough.
9. Develop and implement procedures to ensure the relevant aspects of the Directorate Service Plan are delivered within corporate objectives.
1. To direct, lead, manage, develop and motive the Corporate Property team and ensure the Council’s objectives are achieved.
2. To be personally responsible and accountable for the teams achievement of the Council’s objectives within budget and service requirements so far as resources permit.
5. To lead the work to develop the Council’s Asset Management and ensure that the Asset Management Board, Corporate Management Team and Mayor and Cabinet are advised on all strategic asset matters.
6. Ensure that recommendations are made for major change in the Council strategy and policy relating to the use of Council land and property assets and to ensure that service provision is continuously reviewed and improved.
7. Lead on going corporate reviews of all Council land and property portfolios in order to reduce costs and improve service delivery.
9. To act as the Council’s Valuer on all matters relating to its property portfolio including capital accounting.
13. To be responsible for all aspects of the letting of vacant premises including assessing rental values, marketing strategy, tenant selection and negotiation of lease terms.
14. Carry out feasibility studies for property related work in order to confirm the suitability of the proposals and to confirm cost projections.
17. To act on behalf of the Council as an expert witness at Court Hearings, Tribunals, Public Enquiries and other formal hearings.
25. To ensure all valuations are undertaken on time and in accordance with RICS and CIPFA requirements.
26. To be responsible for setting standards and approving all valuations within the team and where appropriate ensure compliance with the RICS appraisal and valuation manual.
35. To keep up to date in developments and best practice in estate management and valuation, management and leadership and public sector policy
36. To operate and utilise Information Technology effectively to support the efficiency of the section.
37. To promote and comply with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy in the opposition and eradication of all forms of discrimination and to ensure all services are accessible to all users
38. To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which may from time to time arise, which are within the capabilities of the postholder and commensurate with the grade of the post.
Knowledge 1. Extensive knowledge of asset management (10 years + post qualification experience), preferably in an inner city environment
2. Knowledge of best practice in asset management in the public sector.
3. An understanding of the major challenges and opportunities facing local government in relation to asset management
4. Knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework within which local government operates with particular regard to property issues
& Experience 1 Must be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, specialising in valuation, development or property management.
2 Significant experience of managing, (5 years +) an asset management service within an inner city environment.
3 Proven experience of leading and managing change, including cultural change, resulting in measurable service improvement.
4 Extensive experience of managing staff within a performance management framework
5 Extensive experience of writing reports which are clear and accessible to a variety of audiences
6 Experience of building and maintaining positive working relationships both within the organisation and with external bodies
7 Experience of managing external providers of professional services, on a partnership basis.
8 Experience of financial management, budget monitoring and control
9 Must have good working knowledge of IT systems, including MS Office, MS Project and dedicated Asset Management programs.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job