My highly prestigious client with offices in Oxford are looking to recruit a Senior Manager, you will lead a team of application specialists (Up to 20 in direct reports)..
The Enterprise Application Manager is responsible for current and future initiatives and managing the performance and support of the business enterprise applications. This entails helping to define the long term IT strategy, while pursuing the planning and review of current project and support activities. This needs to be balanced alongside support for the current applications in use, and their lifecycles managed to logical end.
The Head of Applications needs to have the ability to gain an understanding of the inner-workings and logic of the business and transfer this to existing and/or planned applications to effectively support and lead the organisation in the right direction. It is important for this person to quickly absorb functional and technical requirements and to effectively guide the business through procurement, development, and deployment of these solutions.
Day to day duties:
• Developing a fully detailed and documented application structure based where possible on a “best of breed” approach which requires a high degree of integration in order to provide the end user with seamless and effective application support for effective, efficient and reliable use
• Leading the Application Team for the business The services will be available across all sites, as well as mobile and web-facing self-service
• Ensuring that essential systems are available 24/7
• Develop and implement a robust 24/7 approach to support for applications and systems.
• Responsible for the Application assets of the business and provision of operational application services for all sites.
• Manage the transition of current application infrastructures with some duplicate systems into a single suite of applications to deliver an efficient and effective solution for the business
• Lead on application training and develop an effective plan for ensuring that all business staff are well trained on respective applications.
• Deliver and maintain an ongoing development plan for Applications and Integration that takes into accounts new developments and requirements, emerging technology, renewal of legacy applications
• Participate in the effective contract management of all business Application contracts. Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with suppliers and ensuring that performance is well managed.
• Manage Application procurement and ensure the business obtains best value from suppliers using approved procurement processes and compliance
• Develop option appraisals for application and solutions which clearly explain costs and benefits.
• Developing business cases for application and component requirements
• Proven experience in managing an application support function
• Strong technical understanding of application environments including system integration
• Experience managing a large IT function
• Analyse and evaluate change to drive continuous improvement in the process of IT risk and security management and incorporate security management trends
• Protect the enterprise's interests, comply with applicable regulations and mitigate risks, assembling the appropriate set of policies and procedures, without hampering delivery methodologies and processes
• Leverage interpersonal relationship strengths to manage disputes and drive change in behaviours, and create a working environment where stakeholders receive incentives to change behaviours and meet performance goals
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job