Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? Willmott Dixon are looking to recruit for a Head of Application Services to join our growing IT team. The Head of Application Services will be accountable for the Application Development and Support Teams, and integrating external partners and 3rd parties to provision, maintain and support Application Services offerings across multiple Willmott Dixon Customers. The Head of Application Services will ensure a professional, structured and high quality product is delivered from Application Design and Development through to Support and Maintenance.
Responsibilities / Duties: -
* Works closely with the management team to translate Business activities and ambitions into an operating plan for the function that supports the overall departmental and business goals.
* Accountable for defining and successfully delivering any Service Improvement Plans required to optimise or remediate the performance of the Application Services or operations.
* Oversees planning for strategic Application Services infrastructure upgrades required to ensure that technology is future proofed and meets Business needs. Ensures that there is a robust supporting business case with secured funding to deliver required changes in a timely manner.
* Works with the strategy and architecture function to develop future roadmaps for the service and the underpinning technology.
* Manages the budget and forecast for the service.
* Provides accurate, punctual, regular, periodic reporting as required.
* Responsible for overall performance of the Application Services Team in alignment with Group goals, objectives, SLAs and targets.
* Implements a structured and agile Application Development process, ensuring a formal approach from Brief through to Testing and Release.
* Ensures Testing Environments, systems and tools are maintained and up-to-date.
* Ensures 3rd party suppliers and vendors deliver stable Application Services across the Business during the hours required.
* Ensures that in-house Development and Support teams are managed in a structured manner, leading and implementing all necessary operational and team management.
* Appreciates the nature of Business critical incidents, and their implications for the Business, ensuring a resolution as quickly as possible.
* Ensures the team establish and maintain strong relationships with the Business by effectively managing expectations and inspiring confidence in delivery.
* Drives outstanding performance, gains commitment and ensures a motivated and engaged workforce through a robust engagement and learning strategy, ensuring continuous development of team members.
* Accountable for defining and communicating the Service Visions, Strategy and Service Definition for the Service Tower.
* Responsible for developing and maintain the Application Services strategy and vision in line with wider IT strategy and vision.
* Maintains resource management and planning and allocation to successfully support Project activities as well as Support responsibilities.
* Ensures proactive maintenance systems are implemented and maintained, including Capacity Management, Monitoring, Alerting, Event Management and Intrusion Detection as applicable.
* Ensures systems are maintained and tested against agreed Business and Service Continuity requirements.
* Ensures the Application Services Teams adhere to processes including Incident, Request, Change, Problem and Major Incident.
* Ensures that the Application Support Teams maintain up-to-date and accurate records and documentation at all times, including Design Documentation, CMDB records, Maintenance documentation, operating processes and procedures.
* Ensures the Application Services technology is compliant with relevant Security and Regulatory requirements.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
* A strong background in delivering Applications as a Service using both internal and external capabilities.
* 3rd party supplier management and integration to deliver services and projects to a high standard and in line with the company targets.
* Managing operational IT relationships with industry leading service providers and providing infrastructure as part of outsourced or Shared Services, with strong ITIL exposure.
* A good understanding of a wide range of Application Development and Support practices and have experience in large scale Application Services transformation projects.
* Applying structured Development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, Spiral and Incremental.
* Being innovative in approach and looking for opportunities to improve processes. Academic Essential
* Higher Education qualification or extensive business technical experience. Desirable * Management or Business formal qualification. Professional Essential
* Relevant ITIL qualifications beyond 'Foundation' level. Desirable
* Relevant ITIL qualifications beyond 'Foundation' level.
* Minimum PRINCE2 Foundation training.
* Trained or Qualified in Industry standard Application Development disciplines.
* Management or Business formal qualification.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
- IT Manager
- Applications Services
- Head Of
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"