At TUI, we never stop looking for new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We are developing and delivering new capabilities across our business that will transform our customers’ experience.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of delivery focused, innovative people dedicated to providing customers with an inspiring, exciting and memorable experience covering TUI’s entire operation; online presence, mobile platforms, retail network, contact centres, aircraft and ships.
What you will be doing
Working with the rest of the UK&I team, the Head of Applications and Infrastructure role is critical in ensuring the successful delivery of service to customer and users across Europe and all of TUI’s destinations.
The Head of Applications and Infrastructure will be responsible for:
- proactively managing the Applications Services team, ensuring that all production applications meet or exceed their agreed operational service levels.
- Ensure the successful deployment of new applications and services into the production environment.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Application Services support teams.
- Motivate staff to achieve or exceed productivity and performance objectives.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and ensures the timely and effective provision of high quality applications support, and consultancy to other IT team and third party suppliers.
- Respond to inquiries and resolve problems relating to TUI Travel UK applications (not code fixes). Works closely with third party suppliers to resolve day-to-day application and operational issues.
- Respond to incidents in a timely manner, ensuring these are resolved and any consequential fixes or changes are delivered within time and quality constraint.
- Monitor the operational performance and carry out problem trend analysis recommending improvements to reduce costs and increase stability and quality.
- Contribute to the Change and Configuration management processes, ensuring they reflect Service Delivery requirements.
- Work closely with the Project Delivery teams, accepting new projects or changing into production.
- Define the necessary processes for releasing application changes into the production environment and sure the processes are followed correctly.
- Build and maintain knowledge of all TUI Travel UK application and their interfaces. Ensure documentation is kept up-to-date and accurate.
- Provide the appropriate level of support diagnostics and performance monitoring
- Monitoring Service Levels and customer satisfaction and initiate actions and improvements to meet target levels.
- Ensure project teams and third party suppliers include operational requirements in their future designs.
What we are looking for
- Demonstrate relevant experience
- Resolve conflict and to manage personnel and resources
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Analyse and solve problems
- Ability to foster a co-operative work environment
- Able to work on own initiative and anticipate workloads
- Awareness of targets and constraints and ability to work to these
- Understanding of commercial needs
- Issue management and escalation
- Strong team player with the ability to challenge, provide leadership and coaching
- Proven capability to meet and exceed performance targets
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"