Head of Admissions and Applicant services is an exciting new opportunity that requires the successful candidate to be engaging, innovative, articulate but also a strong leader with relevant current experience. This really is an exciting and prestigious opportunity to join a world class leader within their industry.
To be responsible for the operational success of admissions and applicant services function including managing the processes that support an application and selection for identified scholarships. In doing so, contribute to the overall success of the Marketing and Communications directorate and its role in strengthening the reputation and supporting its growth ambitions.
- Responsible for the delivery and development of a highly effective admissions and applicant service function, one that is responsive to the evolving needs of identified target audiences, and grounded in the principles of customer service excellence.
- Lead the core Admissions and Applicant Services Team, ensuring they have the knowledge, training and support to deliver a customer-centred service that is compliant with all necessary regulations.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Recruitment, ensure service standards and quality assurance procedures are met and evolve with customer expectations and needs.
- Undertake data analysis and, with the input of the Director of Student Recruitment, develop recommendations/updates/reports that enhance admissions policies, procedures and systems for applicants at all levels of study and for all categories of students.
- Assist the Director of Student Recruitment to make recommendations to senior managers chairing relevant decision making bodies within the organisation, regarding the setting of offer levels to achieve target numbers for different categories of students on different programmes of study.
- Be proactive in managing internal stakeholder relationships and be recognised across Marketing and Communications, academic departments and the relevant professional services departments as a subject matter expert in relation to the regulatory and legal environment; policy and good practice which impact admissions (e.g.: UKVI, UCAS, UKCISA, GDPR, CMA, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, other HEIs, SPA).
- Together with the Director of Student Recruitment, ensure that all admissions related activities comply with these policies.
- Lead operational response to the Confirmation and Clearing period, ensuring the necessary resources are in place to deliver an efficient and effective service that meets the needs of applicants and the organisation
- Manage the resources of the Admissions and Applicant Services Team so that it is scalable and able to respond to the cyclical nature of the recruitment cycle. This includes, but is not limited to, the recruitment, training and induction of temporary / volunteer staff around peak periods.
- In partnership with colleagues in IT, manage an efficient applicant-centred enquiry and application management service/platform that meets the needs of potential students and student recruitment staff, both UK and international
- With colleagues in Marketing and Communication and Development and Alumni Relations, help to ensure that effective scholarships are in place and are marketed in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure they support student recruitment at all levels.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place for the setting and updating of criteria/terms and conditions, receipt of applications and allocation of identified scholarships, ensuring processes are transparent and fair.
- As part of the Marketing and Communications Senior Management team: contribute to ensuring that the directorate's strategic objectives are met; through professional expertise, a commitment to continuous improvement and constant demonstration of what good looks like, be a source of inspiration across the directorate; contribute to ensuring the integrity of organisations brand at all touchpoints.
- Manage the budget for the admissions and applicant services functions budget under the overall direction of the Director of Student Recruitment.
Undertake such duties or projects as determined by the Director including occasional travel both in the UK and abroad
- Student Recruitment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job