As Head of Admissions and Applicant Services you will be responsible for the operational success of the Universities admissions and applicant services function including managing the processes that support application to and selection for identified scholarships. In doing so, contribute to the overall success of the Marketing and Communications directorate and its role in strengthening the reputation of the Universities and supporting its growth ambitions.
- Responsible for the delivery and development of a highly effective admissions and applicant service function, one that is responsive to the evolving needs of identified target audiences, and grounded in the principles of customer service excellence.
- Lead the core Admissions and Applicant Services Team, ensuring they have the knowledge, training and support to deliver a customer-centred service that is compliant with all necessary regulations.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Recruitment, ensure service standards and quality assurance procedures are met and evolve with customer expectations and needs.
- Assist the Director of Student Recruitment to make recommendations to senior managers chairing relevant decision making bodies within the university, regarding the setting of offer levels to achieve target numbers for different categories of students on different programmes of study.
- Be proactive in managing internal stakeholder relationships and be recognised across Marketing and Communications, academic departments and the relevant professional services departments as a subject matter expert in relation to the regulatory and legal environment; policy and good practice which impact admissions (e.g.: UKVI, UCAS, UKCISA, GDPR, CMA, Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, other HEIs, SPA).
- Manage the resources of the Admissions and Applicant Services Team so that it is scalable and able to respond to the cyclical nature of the recruitment cycle.
- With colleagues in Marketing and Communication and Development and Alumni Relations, help to ensure that effective scholarships are in place and are marketed in an appropriate and timely manner to ensure they support student recruitment at all levels.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and procedures are in place for the setting and updating of criteria / terms and conditions, receipt of applications and allocation of identified scholarships, ensuring processes are transparent and fair.
- Manage the budget for the admissions and applicant services functions budget under the overall direction of the Director of Student Recruitment.
- Educated to degree level
- Postgraduate qualification
- Evidence of a sound understanding of government policies on admissions processes
- Evidence of understanding of UCAS processes and of compliance requirements
- Knowledge of UK and international qualifications
- Proactive approach to managing staff. processes, resources and projects
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to understand the wider strategic picture
- Ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure
- Leading the formulating, planning and implementation of complex strategies, projects and plans, including the effective management of resources
- Experience in interrogating and analysing complex data sets and extracting relevant information, distilling this information and presenting it to diverse audiences
- Attendance at meetings/events outside normal working hours
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job