If you're a very ambitious finance professional who has the ability and passion to deliver on the Regulatory Reporting apects of this Banking Institute.
The role requires knowledge, experience and understanding of what it takes to manage the ever changing climate of the banking sector and its regulatroy demands.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- The Regulatory Reporting Head will support day-to-day transaction reporting requirements for the business.
- The Head of Accounts will work with internal and external teams to implement robust controls, facilitate UAT, as well as providing status updates to your Senior Stakeholders.
- Manage a team of 4.
- In addition the incumbent will need to stay abreast of developments within the regulatory reporting space and be the businesses expert.
- Coordination with Ops, IT, Trading Assistants and Business management to clear down all exceptions
- Own the governance of the Reg reporting process.
- Is aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Understands, follows and demonstrates compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understands the three lines of defense model.
- Maintain and continue to develop a robust, efficient and accurate Regulatory Reporting process.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the overall success of the bank.
- Knowledge and experience of FCA and EMIR Trade reporting.
- Understanding and knowledge of how to effectively review and clear reconciliation breaks.
- Understanding of FCA regulations.
- Has experience of producing meaningful management information to a varied audience.
- Customer focused, able to commuincate at all levels.
- Established individual with a good track record who is motivated, focused and free thinking.
- Strong working knowledge of computer applications such as Excel.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a fact paced enviroment working with multiple responsibilities.
- Proficient in using various Microsoft Office packages Word, Excel and Macros.
- Provide analysis and presentation of management information
- Developing policies and procedures to improve performance.
- Knowledge and sound technical accounting ability
- Budgeting, Forecasting and forward planning
- Supporting the year-end and reporting commitments
- Supporting on external announcements and commentary
- Implementing improved analysis and review down to individual business unit level
- Senior stakeholder management and engagement with management information and analysis
This is a very high profile role and comes with a position in the senior leadership team where you will be expected to have the passion, but professionalism to become a valued member of the business. As such, communication, engagement and confidence of the highest quality are just non-negotiable
You'll be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent), looking to step to a highly visible and responsible position, ideally coming from a top 10 practice (Big 4 preferred, but will not overlook others if the skills match).
You must have Regulatory Reporting experience within a banking Institute recently (with last 2yrs ideally, given the ever changing nature of regulations).
- Chartered Accountants
- Financial Accounting
- Regulatory Standards
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job