My client is an international business based in prestigious offices in Birmingham City Centre within easy walking distance of New St, Moor St and Snowhill stations. They are currently looking to make an appointment at the Associate Director level.
The Associate Director is responsible for leading the teams providing Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, and Cash and Banking Management, as these are the Transactional Service functions supporting Accounting services to clients.
As a member of the department’s Senior Management Team, the Associate Director supports the Head of Client Finance by:
- Leading the Transactional Services operations, ensuring services are delivered accurately and to a high standard. This includes supporting the Client Accounting teams in meeting service levels and other targets agreed with Clients and internal surveying teams, monitoring key performance indicators and reporting on a regular basis in accordance with client and departmental requirements.
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the areas of client monies, credit control and payment
- Having responsibility for team managers and their teams
- Working with the Senior Management Team to continuously improve the Client Finance capabilities and service offering, to ensure the department is recognised both internally andexternally as a leader in its field
- Experience of client money handling and the compliance issues in relation to this.
- Accounts payable/transactional services experience
- Understanding of accounting techniques. To include cashbook management, bank
- reconciliation, and internal and external reporting. Experience of managing high volume
- banking transactions, across a significant number of bank accounts
- Experience of working with integrated accounting and banking solutions
- Flexibility to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable risk and controls based experience in an accounting environment
- Experience of working with purchase to pay accounts payable systems
- Demonstrable debt reduction strategies and implementation for the credit control function
- Good Excel skills ideally coupled with experience of industry related software.
- Starting salary of £60 -65,000 dependent on experience
- Bonus scheme and company pension
- 25 Days holiday + Bank Holidays with an option to purchase additional days
- Prestigious city centre office location
- Culture of internal development and promotion.
For further details and to register an interest in this role then please forward an up to date CV for immediate consideration.