We are recruiting a Central Accommodation Team Manager to join our Kaplan International Head Office Team in West Kensington, London. The focus of the role will be to support driving the uptake of accommodation through enhanced service levels to students, agents and sponsors and to manage the accommodation booking process for students coming to our colleges. You’ll also be in charge of a small team who will be tasked with providing the highest level of customer service and accommodation counselling and booking.
Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Driving uptake of accommodation through customer service and conversion activities
- Supporting and operationalising areas of the accommodation sales strategy
- Setting and management of booking process for accommodation
- Management of accommodation enquiries at pre-arrival stage from students, agents, sponsors, and parents
- Management of accommodation bookings and room allocations across all colleges in the UK Pathways network
- Tracking of student take-up and conversion rates and production of statistics leading to action plans where risk is spotted around levels of demand
- Working with colleagues in Recruitment to support the promotion of college accommodation options
- Ensuring students are allocated to accommodation within deadlines, and student records are kept updated and accurate, within set guidelines.
- Acting as a liaison between the central accommodation bookings team and both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure lines of communication are kept open and issues are resolved swiftly.
- Supporting sales strategy in line with demand
- Contribute to and feedback on room procurement strategies/ pricing and accommodation promotions
Candidate may be required to work outside of normal working hours, including weekends, evenings, and public holidays. Some cross site travel (UK and overseas) may also be required.
To be successful in the role, you’ll have the following:
- Experience of team leadership and management
- Highly organised and resourceful, with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and plan work effectively under tight deadlines, under pressure and with competing priorities
- Target driven, with strong data analysis and management reporting skills
- The ability to identify and manage risk and knowing when to escalate areas of risk where applicable
- Ability to learn independently and to master and apply new knowledge and skills quickly
- Ability to influence and manage change by adopting a creative, solutions-based approach
- Excellent communicator both with students, colleagues, and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a matrix structure, across multiple teams
- High level of customer service and ability to sell accommodation
- Competent in use of student management systems and IT Tools
- A flexible approach to work and hours of work undertaken is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the student accommodation sector (other related sectors)
- Awareness and appreciation of cultural differences, ideally with experience of working with international students
- Fluency in an additional language
Application method: Apply with your CV and covering letter via our online application form.
Closing date: 22nd March, 2018
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International Pathways offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, York, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bournemouth, Bristol and London, allowing international students to progress onto a wide range of degree programmes at these partner institutions. In addition to first-rate teaching and excellent study facilities, KIC programmes offer a high level of personal support as well as access to the facilities and resources of our university partners. For a flavour of what we offer, take a look at our YouTube channel.
- Business Development
- Team Leadership
- Student Accommodation