Head Occupational Therapist Band 7
Are you a Head / Lead Occupational Therapist looking for a new challenge within mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Stevenage.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage is looking for a Head Occupational Therapist with an experience in inpatient mental health settings to take the Head role in our well established Occupational Therapy Department.
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to combine their clinical and managerial skills. You will have an active role on the Senior Management Team to maintain our OT identity and promote and develop the service.
Cygnet Hospital Stevenage offers a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
The post-holder will work in a secure environment with service users detained under the Mental Health Act, 2007. Many of these service users may have severe and enduring mental illness that lead to a range of presentations and behaviour.
Cygnet Healthcare also coordinates the National Service User Awards, with service users on the team who plan and run the event every year. Service users' voices are listened to at every level in Cygnet from community meetings to service user councils, and they are represented in our governance meetings, and on the board. We strongly encourage and support our patients to attend and participate in the local and national Recovery Outcomes Groups. We are one of the few services to boast an Expert by Experience Lead on our team, and are actively developing a team of Experts by Experience for the whole company.
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy and registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council)
• Membership of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy) or equivalent
• Currently operating as a Highly Specialist (Band 7) / Lead / Senior OT (or equivalent)
• Experience in the field of adult mental health is essential, ideally within an in-patient setting
• The ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team; contributing to care planning and risk assessments
• Experience of leading and facilitating individual / group treatment sessions and providing clinical support and supervision to Junior OTs and/or OT Assistants
• Excellent communication / time management skills
• Salary up to £45,000 (depending on experience)
• Generous relocation package offered
• Company pension scheme
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support allowing for clinical case discussion
• OT email group for peer support and face-to-face service meetings bi-monthly in your specialist area
• Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development
• Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists " Sue Parkinson and Eadioan Breathnach
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
With over 120 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into, including Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
At Cygnet Health Care, we have almost 30 years' experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways. We are a unique company where we even have our own in house expert by experience lead.
For more information and to discuss the role please contact Tammy Wachter, Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Head of Programmes on
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'