Job Title: Head Chef
Salary: £30,000 Plus Benefits
Location: Oxford - OX5 1RX
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Working Hours: Monday to Friday
Head Chef Job Introduction:
We are currently looking to recruit a committed Head Chef to oversee the catering operation for an Independent School. The school offers a unique and positive approach to educating students and requires a dedicated Chef, with strong communication skills and a calming/supportive approach to customer service excellence.
Head Chef Role Responsibility:
- Lead the delivery and production of food, including a daily student catering operation with a focus on nutrition and student requirements.
- Provide a consistent and efficient service offering, producing breakfast and lunch for students and staff (70-80 customers)
- Oversee the management of a catering team, providing coaching, development and training when required.
- The engineering of menus and food innovation, ensuring that we deliver a fresh and high quality offering
- Ensure that we deliver food and service that is of a high standard and meets company and client expectation in accordance with current legislation
- Manage all aspects of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels
The Ideal Head Chef:
- Previous experience in a Head Chef or Sous Chef role
- Excellent managerial/supervisory skills within a catering operation
- Strong customer focus
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments and innovations
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Good financial awareness
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head Chef to join a highly reputable business that encourages career progression and offers a great salary along with company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience as listed above and are looking to take your career to next level then apply today.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
- Head Chef
- Executive Chef
- Senior Chef
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'