Leigh On Sea
Salary: £25000 - £30000
- Back ground of Asian cuisine as a Sushi Chef
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead out dedicated catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in the highly prestigious restaurant based in the heart of Leigh on Sea.
Previous experience with Japanese Asian Fusion Food preferred but a love of Asian food is essential!!
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company’s reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef or Sushi Chef
- Have a 'big personality’. Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Energetic with a passion to do a great job
- Able to manage staff in a calm, inspirational manner
- A forward-thinker who can prevent wastage
- Demonstrates a passion for food
- Team Player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Asian Cuisine