Head Chef - Quality Independant Hotel
** Live in is available **
Berkeley Scott are extremely proud to be recruiting in partnership with this industry-recognised operator. Our client a highly-regarded hotel and restaurant operation is looking for a highly experienced and hands-on Head Chef with strong banqueting and restaurant experience to assist in the running of their busy and popular operation.
We are looking for a successful and skilled Head Chef with a strong passion for food and key experience with a strong commercial acumen, high volume experience and financial understanding of the business
You will be a natural leader, and get a real kick out of coaching, developing your team and leading them on to even greater success!
As this is a hands-on Head Chef role, you will need to enjoy the buzz of a leading a busy kitchen, leading from the front whilst motivating and getting the best out of an established team. You will need to have experience of ordering, GP control and team rostering - though you will be able to delegate these types of tasks in order to develop your team.
The successful Head Chef will have a talent for driving brigades of chefs increasing quality and consistency. You will need an organised and consultative approach, be able to develop the already solid team around you to support you – all the while, keeping customer satisfaction as your yardstick.
* Solid proven Head Chef experience in a busy, high volume, restaurant and banqueting operation.
* Some financial knowledge (GPs, quality/portion control) or at least a knowledge of the impact it has on the business
* Strong knowledge of Back of House procedures
* Experience of managing a brigade of 5+
* A real personality – fun, passionate, charismatic, enthusiastic, people-focused and adaptable to all personalities.
* A great communicator - excellent at developing relationships with the team and others involved
* Previous strong experience of running a busy, high-volume kitchen with a passion for and proven experience.
If you are successful you will be joining a great company and benefit from:
-A competitive salary
-A fantastic bonus structure
-Excellent training and development opportunities
-A dynamic, changing and developing company
This is a quality company with an excellent reputation and offers great scope for future development.
In order to ensure your enquiry with regards to this position is dealt with quickly, please send in an up-to-date copy of your Curriculum Vitae in a Word Document format. If this role does not fully match your needs please visit our website, www.berkeley-scott.co.uk for similar opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job