Position: Head Chef; Location: Barbados
Our clients are looking to appoint a Head Chef to join the existing Chef Team for their Fine Dining ocean front Restaurant in Barbados.
REQUIREMENTS - Head Chef:
- A min of 5 years experience in a 2 to 3 Rosette and / or a Michelin rated establishment as a Sous Chef
- Trained in the basic techniques of Classic French Cuisine
- Knowledge of modern cooking methods
- Knowledge about new and exciting ingredients
- Must have experience in Pastry and bread making
- Capable of working under a busy environment
- Will need a clear police record for work permit purposes
- Updated photographs and menus that have been created by the applicant
- Clear mental and physical health
- Base salary USD $4500.00
- 10% Service Charge and tips which is based on sales for the month and can be variable - it is calculated by how many shifts the chef works and the level of sales
- Comfortable private accommodation
- Meals provided while working
- Annual bonus based on food cost and guest satisfaction
- Return flights
- Annual bonus
- Entertainment allowance
- Opportunity to work in a beautiful and sunny Barbados right on the ocean front
- 3 year contract
- Medical insurance will be provided
About the Restaurant / Position ( Head Chef ):
The Restaurant has about 140 seats and they cater for up to 180 to 190 during season.
They are open 7 days a week for dinner during season and 6 days for lunch.
There are about 15 chefs and 4 porters for you to manage.
You will be provided with a fully furnished air conditioned accommodation close by to the restaurant. Your meals will be provided when you are working.
A car will not provided as the apartment will be walking distance from the restaurant
You will receive an annual bonus based on very specific expectations.
An annual return ticket to the UK will be provided.
Health Insurance will be provided assuming there are no major health challenges
The probationary period is 3 months.
APPLY NOW !!!!
- Please email your c.v. in word document (please provide on your CV a lot of detail with regards to Head Chef experience) to Alison Morgan.
- Please type your 'name & nationality & Head Chef in the subject box.
- Once shortlisted, we will email you to ask you for photos of your work.