Our client is a fabulous 5* Hotel and Spa based in South Surrey between Petersfield and Guildford. They are urgently seeking an enthusiastic Head Chef to join their award winning team.
The aim of the role is to deliver the food and beverage concept for the Spa offering a consistently high standard and work with the brigade to ensure the 5* expectations and the Spa philosophy are upheld.
Main duties to include:
- To be accountable for the successful improvement of food, drink and equipment products across the business
- To proactively deliver a consistent and ongoing product improvement strategy.
- To proactively seek out new products which reflect the business food philosophy.
- To work in close co-operation with the Executive Head Chef to create launch and improve seasonal menus, (concept, brainstorming, tastings, feedback, final draft, quality control, launch, improvement)
- To ensure that all recipes & presentation methods maintain the highest standards displaying innovation and flair and reflect the best and most appropriate style.
- To lead measurable product marketing initiatives, both internal and external to the business, which add value to company sales results.
- To manage the brigade effectively and ensure the team performance is monitored by annual appraisals and regular meetings.
- To ensure that all Hygiene standards are maintained at the highest score and the brigade are all trained to effectively manage their areas to the agreed standards
- To be fully aware of the Hotel's Fire Safety Procedures, Health & Safety regulations and work within these parameters with the Brigade
- To attend any training and meetings, as and when required.
- To make sure that Company Policy, the Vision Statement, and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilised at all times.
- To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations and report any faults to the Maintenance team.
- To support and assist with the delivery on the Company health and safety manual and Food hygiene requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food preparation and delivery
- Ensure effective stock purchase, its receipt and storage
- Ensure that working areas are always kept clean and comply with food hygiene standards Generally oversee the performance of kitchen staff to ensure correct procedures are being followed
- Support the consultant Executive Chef in developing new menus
- Perform other administrative tasks, such as product ordering, completing mandatory paperwork such as temperature sheets, health and safety and COSHH
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food in quality, quantity and safety
- Work towards exceeding customer expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service. Give appropriate support to the General Manager when the need arises
- Promote good team spirit regularly
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
- Responsible for the preparation of kitchen and supervision cleaning schedule
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, and training of kitchen staff when needed
- Manage all storage areas to ensure they are clean and tidy at all times
- Be able to work from function sheets provided by the General Manager
- The Ability to solve problems and occasionally work under pressure
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- minimum Level 2 food safety and hygiene
- Computer literate and experience of using online safety
- At least 3 years kitchen experience
For more information or to apply contact Sharon at Kiwi Recruitment
- Head Chef
- Senior Sous Chef