Head Chef – The Porch House – Stow on the Wold – The Cotswolds
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.
Experienced Head Chef – up to £38,000 depending on experience plus tips and bonus up to £10,000 – immediate start.
The Role: Head Chef – fine food - 2 rosette standard - guided autonomy
Considered a key member of the management team within our managed division, the Head Chef is committed to assisting the General Manager to drive the business through consistent quality and on-going menu development.
What we offer:
- Salary of up to £38,000 depending on experience plus tips and bonus up to £10,000
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our other 10 sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Head Chef you will:
· Work with the General Manager to drive food sales within the business.
· Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
· Have experience of managing and building the team within the kitchen ensuring effective teamwork.
· Motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
· Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
· Manage costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen within budget.
· Have good communication skills.
· Good good computer and literacy skills
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. You will build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The Porch House ()
Parts of the pub have been carbon dated back to 947AD, this pub is traditional and full of historical features
There are many parts to this business
a busy bar with approx. 40 covers
the main restaurant with 42 covers and the Conservatory with 28 covers
the rear garden has 40 covers and the terrace to the front of the pub 22 covers
- 13 en-suite guest bedrooms
the private function room which can hold 60 for a party and seat 12 for dinner
the pub also holds a marriage licence for weddings
Food is traditional British with a Mediterranean influence, everything is freshly prepared from scratch
AA pub of year 2016
Good pub Guide New Pub of the Year 2016