Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Royal Hotel, Deal.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of over sixty managed houses in the London and the South East, the Royal Hotel is a picturesque, 18th century Georgian building regally positioned on Deal Seafront. It combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern 18 bedroomed hotel. We have multiple restaurant and dining areas to include the Boathouse bar & terrace with glorious sea views and the Quarterdeck restaurant, so we are able to cater for approximately 150-200 covers at any one time. We also have a small private function room for 40 covers which allows us to cater for private dining and small parties and events.
We need a strong but hands on Head Chef that can further develop and strengthen our existing kitchen team of seven, motivating them to reach their career potential in the longer term. You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional food and you must love and be proud of what you do!
This unique and exciting opportunity will see you working with us to uphold our food offering, quality
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven experience at a Head Chef level.
- A strong Senior Sous Chef that is ready to take the next step.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a large kitchen team of seven.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP & menu costing and wage budgeting.
- Former stock purchasing, ordering and management experience.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- The desire to assist with menu development in the long term.
- Passion and enthusiasm in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- First class support from our Head Development Chef.
- Structured company induction programme.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Share Incentive Scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online with your CV now