Head Chef Peruvian Fine Dining Restaurant, New Opening
Currently undergoing a major refurbishment that includes dining on 2 floors, a bar and terrace this casual fine dining restaurant is looking for an inspirational chef with a real passion for food to help launch this exciting new project and play a key long-term role in the growth of the company. Upstairs is bar, brasserie and terrace, downstairs more formal fine dining and live music.
Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week the restaurant will serve cutting edge Peruvian and Latin American cuisine with contemporary Mediterranean influences. Dishes will include ceviche, tiraditos, cazuela, fresh fish and seared meats from the grill with the focus on fresh produce and innovative presentation whilst staying true to the culture and cuisine of the region.
As Head Chef you will be responsible, and accountable, for all aspects of the day to day running of your kitchen including:
- All food production, ordering, stock management & wastage
- Quality assurance
- Staff training & retention
- Compliance with company & statutory regulations & legislation.
- Managing the food cost in line with budget
- Food safety & Hygiene
The ideal candidates will have several years’ experience as Head Chef or Senior Sous in a similar busy fresh food outlet with a sound knowledge of contemporary and traditional Latin American cuisine cooking to 2 AA Rosette standard minimum.
You will have a proven track-record in kitchen management including a thorough understanding of kitchen budgets and GP’s and take pride in ensuring that your kitchen is well maintained. Previous experience of new openings would be an advantage.
Required: Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for food and quality
- Sound knowledge of Peruvian cuisine
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at senior level with appropriate professional qualifications.
- Fully conversant with Hygiene and Health and Safety best practice
- Thrives on the pressure of a busy service
- Confident, professional
- Up to date with modern cooking techniques
Duties pre-opening will include:
- Setting up the kitchen
- Creating and costing the opening menus
- Implementing quality assurance procedures
- Sourcing suppliers
- Recruiting and training your own team
We are looking for an enthusiastic and well organized professional chef who will share the owners vision of the future bringing dedication, hard work and passion to drive this new business forward supported by the owners all the way.
5 day week
Starting salary: £30,000 + tronc
WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR TALENTED CHEFS AT ALL LEVELS FOR OUR OPENING TEAM
- Fine Dining
- Peruvian cuisine
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job