Head Chef - Telford- £26,000
Hours of work: 40 hrs per week- 44 weeks of the year Education Contract
This role is working for Catering Academy under the Servest brand.
Are you looking for a new exciting challenge in a fast growing organisation?
We are looking for an experienced Head Chef with excellent craft skills, to work in our education business. The role is managing a small team of Chefs in a main central production kitchen, assisting the Catering Manager across the multi unit site and making sure food is served on time and to a high standard.
Catering Academy is a multi-award winning dynamic, fresh and vibrantcontract catering company, with a reputation for bringing innovative solutions to a wide range of catering and ancillary services for the Business and Industry, Education and Healthcare sectors
Our ethos and values ensure training and development at all levels with great career opportunities for progression within the organisation
Responsibilities of role
- To deliver and provide food & beverages to the highest standard within the financial limitations set at the contract under guidance of the Area Manager
- To prepare seasonal, traditional and speciality style menus and manage all foodstuffs in accordance with requirements, using nominated suppliers. Implement and maintain statutory and company standards of hygiene, food safety and health & safety
- Regular audit of services, implementing changes where necessary, to drive sales, to control costs in order to achieve financial targets as set by the catering manager
- Management of administration duties including delivery of the yearly budget financials
- Provide and maintain an efficient service under all areas of your control, following company values, policies and procedures
- Coach & Mentor Team, Set Goals & Develop Individuals on an On-going Basis
Our ideal candidate will
- Be a real 'foodie' with passion and enthusiasm for fresh food and great service
- Be driven by excellence and attention to detail
- Be both creative and innovative demonstrating current food service trends
- Be naturally outgoing and energetic with an ability to train and inspire
- Strong leadership skills required
- Be financially astute and an ability to work within budget and contract targets
- Demonstrate confidence with a 'can do' attitude
- Have a proven track record of successfully managing a kitchen and front of house teams plus developing a team in exceeding expectations
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
This role falls under Catering Academy who are part of the Servest family
Why it's great to work for Catering Academy
We recognise the importance of our people both within our values and our performance and we reward them by offering a great Benefits Package
Competitive salary package • Full uniform including shoes • Meals and beverages on duty • Generous annual leave allowance • Company sick pay scheme • workplace pension scheme • Recognition reward and awards • Long service awards •Fantastic Career Opportunities• Annual Salon Culinaire and Awards Dinner
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and relies on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age. Should you meet the above criteria and be interested in applying for this role, please email your CV
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**