£28-30,000 (Neg) working day time shifts only - no evenings and alternate weekends
This is a great opportunity for an experienced head chef/chef manager to join a small expanding company at their day time only restaurant near Andover.
It is a high volume operation serving all fresh seasonal produce and you will be responsible for writing & costing menus, controlling the GP and costs & budgets, maintaining compliance, ensuring high levels of presentation, and training & developing your team.
You will be used to working with more corporate systems & procedures and be able to identify ways to improve efficiency.
ROLE - HEAD CHEF
As the head chef you will report to the general manager and be responsible for:
- Menu design & costing and liaising with suppliers
- Controlling the GP, costs, budgets, wastage, and labour
- Recruitment & training
- Managing the kitchen IT systems
- Improving efficiency
- Stock management
- Delivering consistent presentation
- Maintaining and improving company systems & procedures
- Ensuring all relevant compliance & legislation is adhered to
ATTRIBUTES - HEAD CHEF
- Experience as a head chef in busy high volume (300 + covers daily) restaurants or gastro style pubs serving fresh food.
- Menu development and costing skills
- An intrinsic understanding of H & S, food safety, and legislation
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Financial acumen - controlling budgets, costs and labour
- Staff recruitment, training, and development
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- The ability to inspire, lead, coach, and motivate
- Stock management
- IT literate - working with systems & procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company at this level.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.